Job ID: 236542
CRH's Americas Materials, a division of CRH, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, cement, asphalt, readymixed concrete and paving and construction services in North America. Our operations span North America with 24,100 employees at close to 1,300 locations in 44 US States and 6 Canadian provinces.
The Payroll Associate is primarily responsible for providing payroll support to a specific employee group. This includes providing customer service to employees, HR, and management. In addition, this role will also play a major part in ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of all payroll systems, applications, and files.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Responsible for timely and accurate processing of complex hourly and salaried job-cost payrolls for assigned divisions
- Analysis and posting of payroll job-cost, general ledger, and labor detail
- Complete variance analysis of key payroll figures and data to proactively identify and correct system/processing errors
- Perform employee set up and maintenance for hourly employees in payroll/human resource application
- Interpretation and set up of wage attachments (garnishments, child support, tax levies)
- Serve as primary point of communication to division Payroll and Human Resource contacts
- Maintain professional demeanor at all times while representing the company
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
- Other duties as directed by management.
- Associate degree or high school graduate with commensurate experience
- Minimum 2 years of multi-corporation, multi-state payroll processing or business environment experience required
- Basic knowledge of payroll principles, wage and hour law, payroll taxes, and wage attachments
- FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) a plus
- PC literate: Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, and mainframe payroll application experience
- Must be 18 years in age or older
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Willingness to work independently within in a team environment and assist the team with other duties as required
- Must be able to able to work under time constraints and ensure deadlines are met
- Able to read and/or follow written and verbal instructions and implement the same.
- Ability to adapt to changing and process driven environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Strong "customer service" focus
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person.
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
This job has expired.