Job ID: 482953
HK Contractors, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
The Field Supervisor/Foreperson is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the highway/asphalt crews, etc. This position will primarily perform supervisory duties, but on rare occasions may assist with general laborer and equipment operation tasks as needed.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Coordinates daily work activities, job site organization, reading of plans, etc.
- Supervises and schedules, on-site work crews, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Organizes job site goals, timelines, and budgets.
- Trains crews as needed on methods and equipment.
- Coordinates trucks, material delivery, and traffic control.
- Keeps crews accountable for safety, production rates and quality control.
- Comply, understand, and support safety initiatives to ensure a safe working environment.
- Maintain good client/customer relations
- Drive to various job site locations.
- Assists with general laborer duties as needed, which may include shoveling, laying asphalt, and other tasks as required.
- Assists with heavy equipment operation, if trained, as needed at job site locations.
- Maintaining time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing
- May be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical agilities testing.
- Work fluctuating schedules in or out of town.
- Be to work on time and fit for duty.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred and 4 to 7 years of asphalt related construction experience or an equivalent combination of education and training.
- Thorough knowledge of the construction industry and its means and methods.
- Must have previous experience with asphalt paving and grading.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage workers.
- Ability to understand blueprints, contract specifications, and grades.
- Must be able to work independently as well as with other crew management, customers, subcontractors and the general public.
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA, EPA and CDL laws and procedures.
- Must demonstrate excellent safety awareness, and a willingness to comply polices and safety procedures.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Standard Driver's License required
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional employee situations; Responds promptly to employee needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
HK Contractors, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: May 15, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Idaho Nearest Secondary Market:
Idaho Falls Job Segment:
Construction, Testing, Labor, Laborer, Database, Engineering, Technology, Operations