Job ID: 308079
Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division, part of CRH South Division of Companies, is the leader in production of high-quality hot mix and warm mix asphalt, and, with a team of skilled contracting professionals, Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division also offers design-build and conventional-bid-build solutions for roadway and civil construction projects. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, and with offices throughout Florida and in Savannah, Georgia, and Hardeeville, South Carolina, Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division performs asphalt paving, grading, and related roadway services. Our employees make Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
The Asphalt Paving Foreperson position is responsible for the daily planning, production and safety of the asphalt paving crew. In addition to the primary responsibilities, the position is required to maintain consistent contact and teamwork with HMA plant and trucking manager to ensure efficient and accurate material delivery. The position reports directly to the Asphalt Paving and Milling Superintendent.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Maintain a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
- Follow all company policies and all OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Plan work on a daily basis for next day.
- Calculate and communicate trucking requirements and start time.
- Accurate quantity ordering.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers.
- Oversee progress and efficient utilization of crew and equipment.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with fellow managers.
- Report any required repairs.
- Oversee proper equipment maintenance.
- Maintain daily diary.
- Ensure T5, TRACK, Toolbox Talks and all other OMG safety policies engaged.
- Ensure daily maintenance is completed and schedule appointments for any major repairs.
- Report any problems to the Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Manage personnel as well as schedule and monitor time worked.
- Train employees on proper operations, servicing, and minor repair of equipment.
- Perform general laboring duties when necessary.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 3+ years paving experience preferred.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Jun 23, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Orlando Job Segment:
This job has expired.