GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under the general direction of the Operations and Project manager, the Patient Service Coordinator II is responsible for fielding incoming phone calls and scheduling appointments. This position is a phone-based role; there is no in-person interaction with patients.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Functions as a Contact Center Coordinator within the Cancer Center. Provides telephone support for a high volume of incoming calls to the Center. Works independently but has supervision and guidance. Possesses knowledge and understanding of the Cancer Center practices and procedures. Main Responsibilities: Answers and triages incoming telephone calls to the appropriate providers and staff. Takes detailedphone messages. Alerts supervisor when backup occurs in queue. Ensures urgent / stat phone calls are routed to the appropriate staff. Updates and maintains knowledge database. Performs other duties as required. Working knowledge of phone systems and computers are required. Excellent customer service skills required. Successful candidates will be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, be self-directed and self-motivated.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Adherence to set performance metrics
- Is competent, self-motivated, and able to work independently receiving minimal supervision
- Demonstrates discretion to handle confidential information
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Prior customer service work experience, specifically in a contact/call center environment
- EPIC experience strongly preferred
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or REGISTRATIONS (if applicable): Specify minimum credentials and clearly indicate if preferred or required
EDUCATION: Specify minimum education and clearly indicate if preferred or required
- High School Diploma required
- Associate degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: Specify minimum creditable years of experience and clearly indicate if preferred or required
- 1-2 years contact center experience required
- 1-2 years healthcare experience strongly preferred
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (if applicable): List the number of FTEs supervised.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY (if applicable):
WORKING CONDITIONS: Describe the conditions in which the work is performed.
- Normal office conditions. Predominately Monday to Friday work schedule
- Remote work after successful completion of the training/probationary period
The above is intended to describe the general contents and requirements of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or skills of personnel so classified.Qualifications
HS DiplomaEEO Statement
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.