STUDENT AFFAIRS (SE-SSER-IUSEA)
The Student Central Offices are available to assist students and parents with questions related to financial aid, bill paying and registering for classes.
This position's main responsibility is serving as a customer service representative for the Student Central office for student services. Offices included in Student Central are: the Office of the Bursar, the Office of Financial Aid, and the Office of the Registrar.
- Answers detailed questions regarding student accounts, tuition and fees, billing, fee assessment, registration, drop/add, transcripts, financial aid, student deadlines, and related enrollment management departments.
- Accepts and process payments on student accounts, which includes operating a cashier drawer and balancing it daily.
- Provides outreach to students and assists with enrollment management initiatives.
- Other tasks include, but are not limited to, counting money, shredding, data entry, duplicating, faxing, and communicating in person, by phone, and email.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree (or in progress).
Working Conditions / Demands
- Knowledge of computers and database/word processing software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work with wide range of people.
- Ability to handle stress and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Proven orientation toward quality service.
- Ability to concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously and re-prioritize to meet existing demands.
This position requires the ability to move objects up to 10 pounds. This role requires sedentary work, sitting for extended periods of time. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Work Location
IU Southeast Campus
New Albany, IndianaAdvertised Salary
$14.00 per hour.Work Hours
Approximately 20 hours per week.
Hours will be Monday - Friday 11:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.Job Classification
Career Level: Temporary
Job Function: Temporary Hourly
Job Family: Temporary Regular
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us