Improving the health of our community in all we do
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS)is a non-profit community health system on a mission of improving the health of our community in all we do. Our team cares for more than 1 million people across the region through four hospitals and a variety of outpatient locations. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) has campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Winder and Dahlonega - with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members representing more than 50 specialties. NGHS also encompasses Northeast Georgia Physicians Group, a multi-specialty group with more than 65 locations, and The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, a cardiology practice with more than 15 locations.
Part Time 11a-11p
The Gainesville Emergency Department (ED) is a Level 2 Trauma Center comprised of 84 Patient Rooms, Triage, Provider in Triage (PIT) for low acuity, and the ability to expand treatment spaces (hallway beds) in case of patient surge
A DAY IN THE LIFE INCLUDES BUT NOT LIMITED TOO
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent
- Active State of Georgia Paramedic license
- Previous experience in patient care setting as a trained paramedic preferred
- Administers direct patient care to all ages of patients processed through the Emergency or Stress lab department under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Paramedic working in Stress Lab in non-acute care setting, will work under the supervision of the Stress Lab supervising physician.
- This position will care for patients in the neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
- Employee performs clinical duties in accordance with the National Patient Safety Goals as outlined in policy and procedures
Since first opening its doors in Gainesville in 1951, Northeast Georgia Medical Center has added hospital campuses in Braselton, Barrow and Dahlonega - and become Georgia's most awarded hospital. Some recognitions include being named to these lists:
America's 50 Best Hospitals- Healthgrades
100 Top Hospitals- Truven Health Analytics
100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs- Beckers Hospital Review
America's Top Quality Providers- Carechex
Atlanta's Top 150 Workplaces- Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Healthcare's Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems- Hospitals & Health Networks magazine
NGMC has also been recognized in recent years as Georgia's #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, women's care and more.
This job has expired.