Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty in completing an application because of incompatible technology or other disability-related application issues may contact us at the following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal's commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Network & Infrastructure
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Implement and administer Oracle environment and ensure operational integrity.
- Establish performance benchmarks, monitor and analyze system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them.
- Participate in continuity of programs (COOP) and disaster recovery exercises and perform database backup, restoration, and recovery.
- Designs, develops and integrates highly complex database systems.
- Creates, documents and implements standards and/or complex modeling to monitor and enhance the capacity and performance of the database.
- Participates in project meeting(s) for highly complex project definition, needs assessment and design review.
- Remains abreast of and analyzes new and emerging technologies and tools for applicability to the field.
- Plan, design, and implement database replication.
- Be familiar with Oracle standard management tools and licensing.
- Provides work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Four years of directly related professional IT work experience may substitute the degree requirement.
- Five (5) years of experience with Oracle database design, Structure Query Language (SQL), Procedural Language for SQL (PL/SQL) and database query performance tuning.
- Oracle certification (OCA) preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience writing procedures for a complex IT/engineering/technical environment, documenting complex technical solutions, and delivering technical presentations to diverse audiences.
- Experience dealing with company- and personal-specific sensitive information.
- Experience working collaboratively with business users and senior-level management users to determine information needs and effective delivery methods.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills, and the ability to balance multiple tasks with high attention to details.
- Superior teamwork and interpersonal skills and the ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
Oracle standard management toolsDIRECTION EXERCISED:
Austal Leadership, IT DepartmentADDITIONAL GUIDELINES:
- Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be eligible for employment with Austal USA:
- 18 years or older at time of application
- Able to provide proof of US Person status(permanent resident or citizen)
- No felony convictions of theft/deception or violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
- No felony convictions of drug crimes within three years from disposition date
- Willing to submit to a drug screen
- Willing to submit to a background check