If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
Prepares exam rooms for daily clinical activities.
Monitors and maintains the appropriate levels of minor equipment, dry goods, and pharmaceuticals in clinic.
Tests patient's far acuity, near acuity, peripheral vision, depth perception, and color perception.
Examines eye for abnormalities.
Applies drops to anesthetize, dilate, or medicate eyes.
Measures intraocular pressure of eyes.
Tests patient's field of vision, including central and peripheral vision, for defects, and charts test results on graph paper.
Measures axial length of eye using ultrasound equipment.
Performs other related tests and measurements. Administers placement of hard and soft contact lenses.
Documents patients' histories and gives instructions to patients concerning eye care.
Performs technical workups and special testing.
Serves as a Certified Ophthalmic Scribe or a Certified National Study Ophthalmic Technician.
Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Department Specific Functions
The Ophthalmic Technician tasks include but are not limited to performing the following procedures on patients of all ages:
1. Elicitation and recording of all elements of history that are required by external authorities and/or department regulations
2. Visual acuity measurement with:
Digital visual acuity system or projector chart E-card Near point cards Hand motion techniques, including directionality Light perception with and without projection Pinhole Brightness Acuity Tester (BAT) Interferometry
3. Measurement of the optical characteristics of spectacle lenses with the manual lensometer and/or auto lensometer
5. Keratometry: traditional, auto, and photokeratoscopy
6. Refraction: Using phropter, auto refracter, cycloplegic, and trial frame at distance and near
7. Amsler grid assessment
8. Confrontation visual fields
9. Pupillary evaluation
10. Biomicroscopy: General examination and Von Herrick chamber angle estimation
11. Ocular surface dysfunction assessment:
Posted 25 minutes ago
Posted 25 minutes ago
Posted 22 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our