Are you looking to advance your career in the environmental field? Are you passionate about the environment and working collaboratively to improve our environment? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you. Who are we? We are Montrose Environmental Group the premier environmental services provider.
The purpose of this new Operations Manager position is to manage the day-to-day operations of all technical service lines and the personnel within each service line. It will be the responsibility of the Operations Manager to produce quality deliverables and work products by following applicable standards and the industry standard of care. It will also be the responsibility of the Operations Manager to ensure that profitable work is consistently produced by each service line in a safe, organized cost-effective manner. The Operations Manager reports to the Regional Vice President.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER TO YOU
At Montrose Environmental, we're not just determined to think about a better way forward for environmental services today and down the road - we're committed to making it a reality. Our Principles guide us: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, and We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Competitive compensation packages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Flexible work location - remote/hybrid options based on the location and position
- Medical, dependent care, and transit flexible spending accounts
- Company-paid life and disability insurance and access to additional voluntary programs
- 401(k) with a competitive employer match
- Progressive vacation policies and company holidays to ensure work/life balance for our people
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- Access to telemedicine and employee assistance programs
- Access to the best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
As a key member of the Montrose Environmental Services- North East team, this role will be responsible for a full range of activities including:Corporate Administration
- Attend department meetings to present tactical and strategic initiatives, then recommend the changes to meet our short and long-range objectives. Work with the operations planning group to ensure we meet the corporate goals for our group.
- Partner with other business leaders in corporate admin, finance, HR, sales/marketing, safety, and IT to ensure that technical operations meet the company's goals.
- Embrace our company values and ensure that technical performance is consistent with projected corporate growth strategies.
- Support and advocate all corporate policies, procedures, and goals.
- Communicate corrective action plans for issues relating to corporate policy and procedures to the shareholders and corporate leaders.
- Develop, manage, and then report the status of monthly, quarterly, and annual corporate key financial indicators.
- Complete special projects and initiatives as requested by the Regional VP/Operation Leadership Team.
Functional Management of Staff
- Develop, manage, and track the targets/objectives to ensure they are in line with the strategic growth plan.
- Develop/implement strategic plans and establish KPIs. Align these plans with your department leads, ensuring that they develop, update, and maintain a complimentary strategic plan.
- Create and foster an annual budget and track the performance. Update your department leads on budgeting projections as changes occur and provide recommendations for changes/corrective action.
- Communicate project and staff workload monthly to support planning purposes.
- Schedule routine operations planning meetings with staff.
- Hire staff and procure any capital equipment based on marketing and financial projections.
Client and Project Management
- Mentor the Service Line Managers(SLM) and monitor overall staff morale.
- Develop annual SLM staff performance goals, monitor progress, and provide constructive feedback to improve performance.
- Work with SLMs and HR to develop corrective action plans for underperforming employees.
- Align with SLMs regarding their technical training and certification plans.
- Partner with SLMs and the Sales Team to designate project managers for projects.
- Support SLMs and Project Managers across all service lines to assign preferred project staffing and resolve any staffing conflicts and performance issues.
- Collaborate with your marketing team on proposal development and staffing with external entities to meet objectives.
- Support the marketing team in the development of project opportunities. This includes go/no go decisions, scoping, and resource allocation reviews.
- Align with the Marketing Team to understand the needs of other staff to support opportunity capture and proposal/cost development.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Exercise safe work practices by following all safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs
- Keep up-to-date and current on industry trends by completing formal training, reviewing professional publications, and attending professional workshops
- Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Chemistry, Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or a related discipline from an accredited university or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 15 years of project/program management experience with a preference that 8 of those years were in a people manager position
- Experience/exposure to working within a professional consulting, team-oriented environment and experience performing client management, project management, and staff management. Additional preference for working in environmental consulting.
- Excellent strategic planning skills, skilled in the management of change and related communication
- Be a visionary, with creativity and open-mindedness
- Use your transformational leadership style to encourage others to seek innovative approaches to addressing problems as well as opportunities
- Demand the highest quality outcomes, maintain standards, and pay attention to detail.
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic environment. Manage your time and demonstrate the ability to succeed under stress.
- Prowess to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain and apply a broad understanding of financial management principles and business acumen.
- This position can be physically demanding and will require work in various working environments/conditions which requires that an individual be physically capable of canvassing large project areas by foot on various terrain and potentially in inclement weather.
- The work environment will vary greatly depending on the nature of assigned tasks. The position will involve local travel as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Vaccination against Covid-19 is strongly preferred. All employees will be subject to policies and procedures of the Company that may be dependent on vaccination status.MAKE THE MOVE
Montrose is a leading environmental solutions company focused on supporting commercial and government organizations as they deal with the challenges of today, and prepare for what's coming tomorrow. Withapproximately 2,300 employees across over 70 locations around the world, Montrose combines deep local knowledge with an integrated approach to design, engineering, and operations, enabling the Company to respond effectively and efficiently to the unique requirements of each project. From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve.
We are going to be blunt - the way we work may not suit everyone. Montrose is fast-paced and dynamic. You are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues within Montrose. Want to know about Montrose? Visit montrose-env.com!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our firm is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, and any other class protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.