Primary Purpose of Position:
Manage the plant steel packaging production and preventative maintenance functions as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure high-speed manufacturing environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections and investigating accidents, as required.
- Support development, implementation, maintenance and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the production function in the plant and its interface with the group office.
- Establish and implement improvements for cost reduction, quality and safety programs.
- Direct and assist with developmental or experimental production activities.
- Arrange and coordinate employee involvement in addressing problem areas of production equipment by utilizing problem-solving tools, skills, and statistical skills.
- Provide administration and supervision of the plant preventative maintenance function as directed.
- May supervise and direct the purchasing and stores functions as directed.
- Arrange for maintenance and preventive maintenance and recommends programs to implement same.
- Establish and implement predictive and corrective maintenance practices relating to production equipment.
- Provide training to employees in proper preventive/predictive/corrective maintenance programs and procedures for the plant production equipment.
- May provide for and review the performance and personal development of all maintenance maintainers on an individual basis.
- May perform periodic outside warehouse inspections and make suggestions in areas that would improve the shipping/storing procedures.
- Provide training to employees on hazardous waste, Right-to-Know, and the contingency plan.
- Initiate, review, master and follow all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
At Sonoco Metal Packaging, we offer a comprehensive, total rewards package including Competitive pay and Benefits package options:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid vacation and holidays to recreate, rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
Sonoco Metal Packaging is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience.
- Job related experience for 4 years minimum.
- Experience with LEAN practices (5s, Single-Minute Exchange of Die (SMED) and problem solving).
Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Generally accepted supervisory practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant production techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate, and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data in order to make recommendations.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge and skills.
"Sonoco Metal Packaging is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America.
Previously Ball Metalpack we're a company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions.
We strongly believe that a diverse work team and inclusive culture drive better business results. We invite people of all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives to consider joining our 1,100+ team members in one of our 9 locations across the U.S. heartland."
Sonoco Metal Packaging is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
This job has expired.