Job Title: Operations Manager Department: Operations
Reports to: Sr. Operations Manager or Director of Operations FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary : Oversee assigned department processes. Directs, coordinates and plans. Provides direction and support to Supervisors and their associates. Oversees the activities of employees and responsible for safety development, along with security and safety programs.
Essential Functions : To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Planning, organizing and controlling of assigned department al operations.
- Plan out all warehouse resources and activities in relation to company objectives and sets targets.
- Make plans to develop staff of warehouse associates by conducting on-job training.
- Follow up and control daily attendance.
- Drives team to m aintain housekeeping of department and surround area.
- Implement cost reduction principle in all aspects of warehouse transactions and activities.
- Audit of daily labor.
- Motivate staff to strive for an efficient and effective warehouse administration.
- Enhance subordinates' capability through training and providing promotional op portunities.
- Strive to improve all warehouse operations according to company's objectives.
- Communicating with other departments and team leaders on a daily basis .
- Overseeing stock control and processing orders.
- Ensuring quality, delivery budget and environmental objects are met.
- Responding to and dealing with internal customer communication via e-mail, fax, and telephone.
- Plan future capacity requirements and staffing needs to meet the requirements .
- Produc e and analyze reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Briefing team leaders on a daily basis.
- Maintain standards of safety and security in the work environment.
- Ensure compliance with company and facility policies.
Non-Essential Functions :
- Knowledge of warehousing and distribution practices.
- Working closely with the other department heads to assure proper staffing is always in place to handle the workload as needed.
- Familiarity with computer systems, warehouse system.
- Must be able to shift priorities easily.
- Recommends and assists in the implementation of goals and objectives.
- Other duties may be assigned, directed or requested.
- Bachelors degree in operations management, business management or equivalent years of experience
- 5-7 years of previous experience in distribution, logistics, operations planning and/or facility supervision and management.
- Previous supervisory experience is required.
Physical Requirements : The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Manual dexterity required.
- Exposure to leg and feet fatigue due to 8 0% of management's time in warehouse floor supervision.
Language Skills :
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to speak with all levels of the organization
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Be able to write and speak fluently in English
- Must be proficient in mathematics
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's
- Must possess solid judgment and strong decision making skills to independently manage this fast paced customer service driven operation.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work performed is in a warehouse environment
- The employee is frequently exposed to vibrations and dust and will be working around moving machinery
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate at low decibels
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team environment
ReaderLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
This job has expired.