MV Transportation is seeking an Operations Manager for a mid-size fixed route division to provide support, leadership and direction to assigned operating personnel to ensure delivery of the division business plan in our fast-paced transit business. He/she will control the daily operation of our transportation contract, in compliance with the policies of the contracting agency and in conformance with company procedures.
- Ensures performance indicators meet or exceed client and corporate expectations.
- Ensures division goals and objectives are met or exceeded.
- Ensures subordinate staff are well trained and being successful.
- Ensures all company policies and procedures are in place and being followed.
- Ensures the company vision, values and culture are understood, communicated and promoted throughout operations.
- Ensures liquidated damages are kept to a minimum and failures are corrected.
- Develop and maintain a positive employee and labor relations.
- Directly oversees operations department managers.
- Trains and mentors a future successor for backfill.
- Successfully manages the Operations Department annual budget.
- Assumes responsibility of the General Manager during his/her absence.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years management experience in regularly scheduled fixed route transit operations in a general manager or operations manager role.
- Must have at least five (5) years' experience in fixed route industry, with shuttle bus experience a plus.
- Management experience required.
- High School diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- Certifications according to local contract as required.
- Must have labor/union(s) negations/expenses expertise.
- Must have a full understanding of dispatch, scheduling, driver recruitment, and safety DOT and FTA compliance
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- The ideal candidate will have experience operating 30+ vehicles for fixed route services comprised of 32 ft. to 60 ft. buses.
- The ideal candidate will have experience mitigating operational issues using a CAD/AVL/Dispatch system.
- Experience in development of runs, shift bids and run cuts.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Strong supervision skills with ability to lead others to success.
- Ability to develop solutions to challenge through planning and implementation.
- Ability to write and speak English.
- High level of familiarity of Windows based computers and MS Office.
During the course of employment, employees may receive and have access to confidential information. All employees are expected to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer and business records and any other information that MV classifies as confidential.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
This job has expired.