What are we looking for?
Daniels Health is looking for dynamic and highly motivated individuals capable of working within a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment within our rotational Junior Leaders Program (JLP). JLP will give individuals hands-on experience within our Operations teams.
This is a full-time paid position that will have the opportunity to develop stronger business communications and management skills that will last 3 months. This opportunity is open to anyone who is looking to kick start their career in Operations (no experience necessary). Upon successful completion of the internship, high performing candidates may be offered a permanent as position of Assistant Operations Manager within their business units, as a stepping stone to further career advancement opportunities in time.
What does the Junior Leaders Program (JLP) consist of?
Selected individuals will provide support to several departments including Production, Customer Service, Transportation, Account Management, have visibility to the Management team and actively participate in an array of hands-on experiences and trainings throughout the internship. JLP will cover the following areas:
- Plant: Learning RMW and Washsmart roles, exposure to overall maintenance, daily safety and compliance measures, etc.
- Customer Service: Learning typical customer issues, communicating on schedules/stock changes, admin work, HAZ Waste program, etc.
- Transportation: learn loading trucks according to packing slips, working with manifest, complying with DOT regulations, etc.
- Customer Service: plan effectively delivery schedules, work through account installations, updating manifests, etc.
- Transportation: perform daily routing, identify logistic issues, coordinate vehicle services, etc.
- Sales: shadow account managers to learn the business from the hospital side, learning our products in detail, help targeting new accounts, etc.
- P&L and Financials
- Quality and Safety
- Overall people management
- Final Presentation
- After learning the business in depth you will take on a SWOT analysis
- Team up w/ supervisors at plant level to come up with SWOT analysis and present to COO, Continuous Improvement Director, and location Ops Manager.
Who are we?
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, Management, Logistics, or a related Business field is a plus
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate word and excel skills for reporting purposes
- Ability to perform tasks autonomously and complete work in a timely manner
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week (Monday - Friday)
- Must be available to work 3 months
We are a healthcare service company providing safety systems and medical waste collection for hospitals, medical centers, surgical centers, nursing homes and an array of customers within the healthcare setting. Our focus is delivering quality and safety-focused medical waste management services that reduce needlestick injuries, positively impact infection control and reduce environmental burden. As a service to our customers we dispose and treat medical waste on site at our treatment facilities across the U.S.
Daniels Health & Sharpsmart is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
This job has expired.