The Operations Associate maintains primary responsibility for all operational elements of a banking office. Fully skilled in both sales and transactional capacities, incumbents also directly service retail branch customers as needed. Operations Associate balance policy and procedure with appropriate judgement, continually making decisions that are mutually beneficial to the bank and the customer.
Maintains primary responsibility for all operational elements of a small to mid-sized banking office by:
• Managing the branch cash vault to within prescribed limits and serving as the vault custodian. Must master the use of the bank's cash forecasting system.
• Serving as the branch's ATM custodian; ensures it remains stocked, functional, and is balanced daily.
• Auditing all negotiable instruments, cash drawers, foreign currency (if applicable) and related logs to ensure adherence to defined policies and procedures.
• Responsible for all operational components in the branch such as balancing and researching cash errors, filing necessary BSA forms, compliance and security elements
• Stays abreast of all compliance and security requirements and implements processes within the branch to ensure regular adherence.
• Routinely reviews new account opening documentation, to include some that is more complex (i.e. corporate resolutions, business customer profiles, businesses designated as high-risk, etc.) to ensure adherence to bank policies and procedures
• Incumbents in this position are skilled in both sales and transactional capacities and personally service all customers by:
• Opening deposit accounts and taking loan applications for various lending units
• Closing consumer loans
• Making referrals to other bank business lines and third party partners
• Handling routine account maintenance and other servicing issues
• Processing monetary transactions such as cashing checks, making deposits, selling monetary instruments, buying/selling foreign currency, processing credit card cash advances
• Maintaining safe deposit records properly to include contracts, access slips and assisting customers with access to safe deposit boxes (if applicable)
• Two to four years of related job experience required
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Basic business acumen and professionalism required
• Individual should be an outgoing self-starter
• Technically literate in a MS Windows environment
• Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to be in the 'customer service' business
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to build relationships and strong alliances across the organization and to quickly learn all there is to know about the products and services offered by the bank.
High school diploma or equivalent required
• Ability to stand and remain standing for up to five hours at a time without a break. May be required to lift and/or move coin/currency bags weighing 25-30 pounds.