St. Peter's Hospital in Albany, NY has an opportunity for a skilled Operating Room Tech/Surgical Tech!
**Ask about our sign-on bonus**
As a member of our caring, compassionate health care professionals you'll enjoy:
- Learning atmosphere with peers and leaders aimed at helping staff develop
- Great shift differentials
- Tuition assistance
- Great co-workers
- Supportive work environment and thorough orientation
The selected candidate
will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Providing assistance as first scrub at the surgical table for select procedures
- Create and maintain sterile field
- Prepare operating rooms
- Monitors breaks in technique and function, including scrub/gown technique, clean sterile field and set up sterile field
- Inspects sterile items for contamination before opening, maintains sterility while scrubbed, maintains sterility of instruments and supplies
- Performance and documentation of accurate instrument, sponge and needle counts, following established policies and procedures
- Positioning and transport of patients
- Has successfully completed a nationally accredited educational program for surgical technologists and maintains a certified surgical technologist credential administered by a nationally accredited surgical technologist credentialing organization. May be employed or contracted to practice surgical technology during the twelve month period immediately following successful completion of a surgical technology program, but may not continue to be employed or contracted beyond that period without obtaining a certified surgical technologist credential; or
- NYS LPN License; or
- Has completed an appropriate training program for surgical technology in the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard or Public Health Service Commissioned Corps; or
- Provides evidence that the person was employed as a surgical technologist in a healthcare facility for a cumulative period of one year, occurring within the four years immediately prior to January 1, 2015.
- After a thorough and diligent effort has been made and the healthcare facility is unable to employ or contract with a sufficient number of qualified surgical technologists who meet the prior requirements, a person can be hired if that person meets the requirements within two years of their start of employment or contracting for the performance of surgical technology
- 1-2 year of previous OR experience preferred
- Must possess adequate hearing, vision, and hand dexterity to manipulate instruments and equipment while functioning in multiple surgical specialties
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 1+ year of experience as a surgical tech in an operating room setting
- Strong dexterity and stamina to work on long cases as needed
- Prioritize quickly a number of different tasks and activates
- Work and engage with a team to help promote strong team work
- Strong communication skills in a fast pace work environment
- Critical thinking skills to help assist the RNs and Surgeons
- Passion to learn, grow and develop in the nursing field
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.