Vallen’s Storeroom Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) typically reside at a customer location and are responsible for providing exceptional service to Vallen’s customers by purchasing products, goods and materials that meet the organization's standards of price, quality, timing, and reliability of supply.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform procurement activities to ensure the customer’s current and anticipated demand for products and materials (stock and/or non-stock, or spot buy) are met and in alignment with Vallen’s purchasing strategies.
- Assess existing orders to determine action for expediting or de-expediting for optimal delivery.
- Place purchase requisitions and vendor purchase orders.
- Research, assess, and make recommendations for vendors and/or specific items of request to ensure they comply with specifications and meet the customer's quality, pricing, and delivery standards.
- Monitor the quality and timeliness of products and materials supplied; may coordinate the return of damaged goods and/or replacement items.
- Follow-up on the status of purchase orders with vendors to ensure timely delivery; and communicate status of orders with customers.
- Communicate with vendors to resolve problems with timeliness and product quality.
- Research and resolve account payables nonconformance with suppliers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. 1+ years of experience in the field of Procurement preferred. Other relevant experience includes:
- Excellent customer service.
- Computer skills and aptitude to learn the various Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Inventory Management applications.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, organizational and execution skills.
- Proficiency with MS-Office products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to learn
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Long periods of time working on a computer and performing repetitive key-boarding activities.
- Work may be in a manufacturing environment and could have exposure to dirt, smoke, heat, cold, etc.
- Safety protection may be required while in the customer’s facility (hand, foot, and eye or other as dictated by the customer’s safety protocols).
- Overtime hours may be required with little advanced notice.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, ability to adjust focus, and may require the ability to distinguish color.
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety, and electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family.
Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook,
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, and a definitive career path.