Due to critical service need of the communities we serve, we are offering a $3,600 sign-on bonus.* We are eager to continue to provide quality and compassionate care in our service areas and need you to make this happen!
This is a full-time, 36 hour a week position. This candidate will work a 12 hour shift on Monday from 7:30 pm-8:00 am and will work 12:00 am-8:00 am on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday.
The RN provides direct and indirect patient care in the psychiatric setting. Maintains standards of Professional Nursing Practice. Participates as an interdisciplinary team member responsible for overall coordination of care and services delivered to clients. Works collaboratively with members of the health care team to provide patient/family education. Demonstrates competency to provide age appropriate care to preadolescents (3-12), adolescents (13-17), adults 18 and older including geriatrics. This job is classified as Category I and may involve tasks with exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues.
In the absence of nurse volunteers, prn nurses, flex team nurses secured by reasonable efforts or contracted temporary agency staff and if qualified reassignments cannot be made, the hospital may require mandated overtime to fulfill obligations based on the Missouri Nurse Practice Act to perform patient care which is required.
* Requires leadership and team skills
* Requires effective verbal, written and nonverbal communication skills
* Possesses cognitive, organizational, and emotional abilities and maturity to deal effectively with multiple stressors, deadlines and difficult situations
* Provides direct patient care to assigned age groups
* Requires working with aggressive patients; participates in physical intervention techniques
* Requires physical strength, agility, and endurance for heavy lifting, moving patients and equipment
* Requires bending, lifting, and transporting patients
* Acts as a Preceptor and educator to new employees
* Participates in mandatory overtime
* Participates in the hospital's Continuous Quality Improvement Program
* Attends 52 hours of continuing education per year
* Serves as a member of assigned committees
* Demonstrates skills required for a licensed practical nurse within scope of practice
* Trains for charge nurse responsibility after one year of employment as an RN
* Other duties as assigned
• Associate’s degree in nursing required
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred
At least one year of psychiatric experience preferred
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: RN or GN that must pass the MO NCLEX exam within 90 days of graduation required
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri
Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri
We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC)
Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve
Our mission is “Inspire Hope
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here
Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset
We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone
We look forward to meeting you!
*Signing bonuses paid as per bonus policy; exclusions may apply.
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our