Compensation: $26.37/hr. (LPN)
Due to critical service need of the communities we serve, we are offering up to a $1,000 sign-on bonus.* We are eager to continue to provide quality and compassionate care in our service areas and need you to make this happen!
The Nurse LPN Outpatient is part of the person-centered integrated care team and provides office-based specialized services to primary health care patients and assist in managing the patient's full array of physical health care needs, in addition to behavioral health care needs through a "whole-person" approach.
This is a PRN position. This Candidate will need to have availability to work as needed, Monday-Friday day shift and flexibility to travel to Columbia, Marceline, and Salisbury locations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - JOB SPECIFIC
* Prepare patients for examination and treatment. Take patient's histories, vital signs, and document in patient chart.
* Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments and supplies.
* Perform venipunctures, urinalysis, EKGs and other procedures as directed.
* Administer immunizations and other injections
* Phone in patient prescriptions and document accordingly
* Provide patient education and instruction
* Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment, including sterilization
* Assist physicians/nurse practitioners in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals
* Assist with the scheduling of tests and treatments
* Screen telephone callers for appropriate referral/triage, relay messages and documents accordingly
* Maintain patients' files, records, and other information
* Adhere to standard precautions, as appropriate, i.e., use protective barriers, handle and dispose infectious waste appropriately, proper hand washing
* Follow CLIA and OSHA regulations
* Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of unit facilities and equipment
* Monitor supply of medical stock, medical supplies, and laboratory needs or order supplies when necessary
* Assist in contacting/collaborating medical providers regarding significant
* health information
* Provide education to patients on medical diseases, treatment,
* medications, and self-management tools
* Monitor HIT tools and reports for treatment and medication alerts and
* hospital admissions/discharges and for the purposes of pre-visit planning
* Triage medical questions and requests for medication refills in accordance with agency policies medical provider preferences, and license scope of practice
* Serve as medical/nursing consultant to clinical services staff and persons served
* Contact patients who have been discharged from the Hospital/ED within 3 days to review discharge plans/instructions, medication reconciliation, and assess need for timely follow-up appointment with primary care provider
* Will seek culturally competent services and service providers to meet the unique cultural needs of each agency consumer and family member
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor to meet the needs of the clinic
Responsible for clinical outcomes for assistive staff as outlined in scope of practice
• High School/GED required
• Practical Nursing certificate required
• At least two (2) years experience as a licensed practical nurse in providing medical nursing treatment to individuals treated in a primary health care setting preferred
• Experience and efficiency with healthcare technology software preferred
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: LPN or GPN that must pass the MO NCLEX exam within 90 days of graduation required
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri
Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri
We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC)
Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve
Our mission is “Inspire Hope
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here
Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset
We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone
We look forward to meeting you!
*Signing bonuses paid as per bonus policy; exclusions may apply.
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our