Network Operations Technician
BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Network Operations Technician in Kansas City, MO
We place consultants for end clients all over USA.
Job Title: Network Operations Technician
Location: Kansas City, MO
Expected Duration: 6 Months Contract with possible extension or permanent depending on performance of the candidate and client needs.
Job Overview: Provide technical support for Client operations environment. Analyze information to determine Client performance and areas of improvement.
Test and verify the MasterCard infrastructure to ensure it meets specifications and requirements. Major Accountabilities:
* Monitor and take corrective action for problems while minimizing customer impact.
Create and/or update internal tickets to document monitoring and recovery steps.
* Perform routine maintenance as required by policy or procedure.
* Maintain metrics as defined by management. Education:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Knowledge / Experience:
* Basic knowledge of routing/switching, tunneling, security operations/engineering, MPLS.
* Basic UNIX scripting and tool monitoring, JCL, MVS, batch scheduling, knowledge of tandem technology.
* Firewall experience and file transfer highly desired.
* 0 to 12 months of relevant experience required.
* Demonstrates the ability to function in 4 of the 5 expertise areas on the OCC (Unix, Mainframe, Production Control, Debit, Network) and is proficient in 2 of the 5 OCC expertise areas. Is a subject matter expert in 1 of the 5 expertise areas of the OCC. Skills/ Abilities:
* Effective problem/troubleshooting skills.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Effective organization skills.
* Effective interpersonal skills. Work Conditions:
* Some on-call responsibility and occasional off hours work required.
* 12 hour shifts and one weekend day per week."
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
"We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 144995 when responding to this ad.
Job Control Language (Jcl)
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!