Job ID: 2014941
Location: WASHINGTON , DC , US
Date Posted: 2020-10-07
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Network Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: DOE Q
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Network/Telecom Operations Lead to support a Federal agency. Join SAIC’s team to provide end users seamless information technology experience leveraging efficient use of enterprise-centric solutions, modern technologies and industry best practices. Be part of the team defining the digital transformation journey for this federal agency.
The Network/Telecom Operations Lead responsibilities can include:
- Supervises the design, analysis, planning, modification, and maintenance of networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities.
- Directs and manages the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
- Conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis.
- Evaluate new technology.
- Duties include providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Supervises testing of network systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Directly supervises individual contributors (skilled technicians, administrative support) and/or entry level professionals (entry-level engineers).
- Administers and executes policies, processes, and procedures that affect subordinate employees and the workflow of the work unit. Leads daily operations of work unit.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Bachelor Degree required; BS in STEM or Business preferred.
- Must have Active Top Secret clearance; DOE Q Clearance preferred
- Experience supporting both classified and unclassified IT environments.
- Minimum of five (5) years or more experience with Network Management.
- Experience in Enterprise IT Managed Services preferred supporting at least 100 sites and 3,000 end users.
- ITIL v3 Practitioner certification and ability to obtain ITIL 4 Managing Professional within the first six months required.
- CCNP, or equivalent (i.e. CCDP), required.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- CONUS travel up to 10% of the time may be required.
- Experience with National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) preferred.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.