InterSystems Corporation is a global, privately owned software company headquartered in Kendall Square, the tech hub of the East Coast. Our advanced database, integration, and analytics technologies provide a uniform platform for breakthrough applications. As the leading provider of database technology to the healthcare industry, more than two-thirds of the U.S. population is served by InterSystems-based healthcare technology.
Our technology is great, but it's our people that really make the difference. At InterSystems, you'll be surrounded by smart, hard-working colleagues with an innate love for tackling challenges through innovation. Come join the team!
We are looking for a highly-technical and multi-talented, mid to senior-level Network Engineer for the implementation and on-going management of our datacenter. This position requires an individual with a flexible and dynamic approach to problem-solving and the ability to coordinate multiple tasks and priorities. In this fast-paced environment, a highly motivated and independent achiever is a must.
- Work with team members and management to scope, develop and implement strategic technical solutions for the datacenter to meet business needs
- Interact with network hardware manufacturers and resellers to keep informed of new product offerings and enhancements, trouble reporting and maintenance support
- Installing, administering, and maintaining network infrastructure including all routers, switches, firewalls, and other associated networking hardware
- Create and maintain network documentation
- Maintain a broad knowledge of current and emerging state-of-the-art computer/network systems, technologies, architectures, and products
- After hours and weekend support responsibilities as needed
- Is goal-oriented and enthusiastic; is energized by challenges; has a strong work ethic and a positive, "can-do" attitude when faced with obstacles
- 5+ Years advanced, hands-on Cisco network configuration and support
- Strong Network and routing design and implementation experience
- Experience or familiarity with programming languages
- Experience with Unix/Linux or Windows environments
- Cisco ASA firewall experience
- Cisco ACE load balancing module
- Independent worker
- Hands-on contributor
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to travel
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems
- Ability to respond promptly to technical support issues, occasionally during nights and weekends
Education & Training
- Cisco UCS experience
- Nexus switch configuration experience
- Nagios or similar monitoring tools
- Experience in operating under strict SLA's to meet uptime requirements
- Advanced Linux/Unix skills
- Experience with virtualization
- Scripting skills
- BA/BS in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. About InterSystems
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world's most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com .