The Network Deployment Engineer's primary responsibility is to provide effective network and administrative services for Red River's growing customer base in the Texas (DFW) region. The Network Deployment Engineer will provide front-line Engineering services for customers and assist our Professional Services Operations team during installations at regional customer sites as well as supporting additional national projects Additionally, the Network Deployment Engineer will work closely with existing technical staff to support Red River's Managed Services customers. The right candidate will be comfortable as both a lead and a contributor of projects both large and small. Collaboration with sales, other engineers, and project management will be critical to the success of more complex projects. For the right individual, this position has significant growth potential.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Support, troubleshoot, install, and configure routers, and switches and next-generation firewalls
Minimum Education/Certification/Experience Requirements:
- Deploy & troubleshoot security protocols across the network platform
- Develop and refine network and security configuration documentation for customers
- Maintain industry certifications as required
- Provide end user training on solutions
- Review and approve new opportunity statement of works (SOW's) and level of efforts (LOE's)
- Work closely and align with pre-sales engineering objectives when coping larger projects
- Assist pre-sales with customer engagements when applicable
- Assist in developing, improving, and automating our delivery methodologies
- Other business duties as assigned
- Min 5 years related experience in a field role
- Equivalent Military training and experience
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent experience required
- Understanding of Cisco network routing and switching protocols
Other Desired Skills
- Cisco Partnership experience is highly desired
- CCNP Enterprise (Route / Switch) or CCNP Security
- CCNA Security or equivalent experience
- Four-year BS in Computer Science or related field, preferred
- Experience deploying and managing network solutions, including but not limited to, the HP Aruba, Cisco Catalyst or Nexus, Juniper MX, and Cisco ASR/ISR platforms.
- Experience deploying and managing Network Security solutions, including but not limited to, the Cisco ISE, Cisco Firepower, and Palo Alto NGFW, and Fortigate NGFW platforms.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite to maintain internal and external documentation.
- Communication skills (written and verbal) to create, maintain, and present project documentation in a professional manner both virtually and on-site.
(Mental; Physical; Equipment used):
This position requires the following:
- Ability to install networking equipment and lift upwards of 75 pounds.
- Ability to sit at a desk for 8 hours.
- Ability to stand for upwards of 8 hours during on-site installations.
- Basic proficiency with tools necessary to install network equipment.
- Ability to fly or drive domestically for upwards of 8 hours at a time to support Red River business.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as necessary to support customer requirements.
Travel to both regional and national customer sites as required to support Red River business initiatives. Travel estimate for this position is 50% of the time, but additional travel may be required to meet customer requirements. Travel may include airfare and overnight stays, as necessary.
Candidates for the job should possess excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to efficiently multi-task. Ideal candidates have a strong focus on day-to-day operational excellence, and a personal style that builds trust, and inspires loyalty. The candidate should be motivated, proactive, be able to learn and adapt quickly.
Established in 1995, Red River delivers information technology solutions to a worldwide military and civilian customer base and the New England enterprise market including healthcare, financial services and education customers. Red River is ranked the 5th fastest growing company in NH by Business NH Magazine and has demonstrated consistent year over year revenue and employee growth since its inception. With corporate offices in Claremont, NH, Red River has satellite offices in Virginia, Texas and California. EOE M/F/DISABLED/Vet
Red River is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Red River offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an exceptional work environment. If you are ready to join a growing company, please submit your resume and cover letter (required).Red River does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings or otherwise. Placement fees will not be paid to any recruiter unless Red River has an active agreement in place with the recruiter and such a request has been made by the Red River Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Red River Talent Acquisition Team via our Applicant Tracking System. Any unsolicited resumes or other data submitted to Red River in violation of this policy may be used by Red River without obligation to pay any fees of any kind to the recruiter.
This job has expired.