Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty in completing an application because of incompatible technology or other disability-related application issues may contact us at the following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal's commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
Manager Network and Infrastructure
May supervise Network Administrators and Contractors
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position of Network Administrator II has the responsibility for the maintenance, troubleshooting and administration of the organization's production voice, video and data network infrastructure. Network infrastructure for Austal USA includes, but is not limited to, LAN, WAN, VLAN, WLAN, Wireless Bridging, VoIP (IP Telephony), QoS, Firewall, Telephony Systems, Telecommunications, Physical Security Cameras, DR Connectivity and Network Security Systems. The person in this position will work closely with members of the IT staff to ensure very high levels of network availability, security and efficiency. The Network Administrator II will serve as the technical resource for network production operations support and relevant systems projects and may be required to supervise the work of venders and junior engineers.The position will be responsible for managing small projects that may include the use of contractor and or vender supplied support.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Review and address trouble tickets.
- Perform Cisco hardware upgrades and maintenance.
- Design WAN and LAN infrastructure layouts.
- Design WLAN infrastructure layouts.
- Design and configure network security (perimeter and edge firewalls).
- Configure Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, and access points.
- Manage Cisco VoIP phone system.
- Troubleshoot and resolve WAN and LAN issues as they occur.
- Design and implement IP telephony solutions.
- Design and implement sophisticated VLAN configurations.
- Design and implement sophisticated routing configurations (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIPv2).
- Implement network and infrastructure related projects.
- Configure and manage network monitoring tools.
- Documentation and recording of configurations and repairs.
- Assist in developing system strategies and policies.
ADDITIONAL QUALITIES DESIRED
- BA/BS degree OR seven (7) years relevant network experience.
- Operations experience in an organization with 1000+ users
- Broad experience across the entire Cisco product line including Network, Security, & Communications
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Ability to direct work of junior administrator and contractors
- Must be able to guide and train junior administrators as required.
- Have an extensive understanding of subnetting and TCP/IP.
- Have an extensive understanding of network configurations and troubleshooting.
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies as the company implements them.
- Ability to prioritize work flows.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair sophisticated LAN, WAN, or WLAN issues in a timely fashion.
- Proficient with Cisco IOS.
- CCNA, Network+, CCNP, or CCDA certifications a plus.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a Secret Security Clearance.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem analysis, organizational, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Respectful team player
- Takes initiative to keep technology skills current
- Extensive troubleshooting skills
Packet Capture Tools (Sniffers), System Monitoring and Analysis Tools, Help
Desk Ticketing Systems, Online Project Management System, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel and others as requiredDIRECTION EXERCISED:
Work within Austal Standards as directed by IT Director.LIASES WITH:
IT Management Line, End Users and External Technical SupportADDITIONAL GUIDELINES:
All candidates must meet Austal USA's basic employment eligibility guidelines:
o 18 years or older at time of application
o Able to provide proof of US Person status (permanent resident or citizen)
o No felony convictions of theft/deception or violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
o No felony convictions of drug crimes within three years from disposition date
o Willing to submit to a drug screen
o Willing to submit to a background check
o High School Diploma/GED or comparable trade experience with comparable trade experience defined as five (5) or more years of experience working in the applicable trade, two (2) years of experience in shipbuilding, or, education in the trade comparable to apprenticeship.