Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
To strengthen our team, we are seeking a NASCAR Systems Engineer responsible for developing multiple systems within a GM race car, pertaining to, but not limited to suspension, steering, brakes, driveline, and electrical. Working directly with the race teams and bridging technology to and from GM Corporate, your full understanding of the vehicle development process will need to be understood or developed. Your knowledge of engineering concepts, general practices, and procedures will aid in your success to work independently and make decisions with minimal direction. Creativity and initiative in independent problem solving and leading multi-functional teams for issue resolution are essential. Interested in joining our growing team? Read on and apply!
Additional Job Description
- Integrate with the race teams as customers and technical partners
- Be able to work on many projects and subject areas at the same time
- Understands appropriate engineering methods
- Participates in design/peer reviews
- Follow detailed instructions from leaders or peers
- Utilize mentorship from internal/external customers to meet requirements
- Become proficient with the Global Vehicle Development Process
- Stay ahead of current product developments and trends in area of responsibility
- Share lessons learned with peers and manager
- Make recommendations based on work completed
- Keep manager advised of assignment status, timing, and technical issues
- Take advantage of all learning opportunities
- Actively identifies new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities
- Ensure high quality, on time completion of tasks
- Independently builds/leads project plans
- Assists less experienced engineers
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in racing; NASCAR preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship leadership skills to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, take initiative/self-directed
- Become DFSS Green Belt Certified
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.