At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
PayPal is looking for an individual contributor with strong ML engineering background in the Global Analytics and Data Science (GADS) Organization to design and develop a suite of machine learning solutions driving large-scale personalization of financial services, merchant products and action recommendations for millions of PayPal customers across the world.
Meet our team
PayPal is a global leader in online payments and democratization of financial services, providing payment solutions for hundreds of millions of customers all over the world. In a high-impact and high-visibility environment, you will have the opportunity of utilizing PayPal's large-scale infrastructure (including network graph assets) to design and develop large-scale ranking and recommendation systems powering content on novel user interface designs to fundamentally enhance customer experience and engagement.
Your way to impact
As an ML engineer, you will have the opportunity to pioneer large-scale ranking and recommendation systems for sequential content consumption on newly installed user interface designs at PayPal. The solutions developed by you will aid in building novel and meaningful graph-based community assets around the PayPal network of consumers and merchants, to ultimately drive key product and marketing KPIs associated with customer experience, engagement and the revenue bottom line.
Your day to day
As a Staff Machine Learning Engineer you will be responsible for:
What are we looking for
- Creating innovative AI/ML solutions that enhance personalization for PayPal users, with a focus on ranking and recommendation algorithms.
- Writing scalable, production-quality code to deploy models on company infrastructure, optimizing for performance and efficiency.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including engineering, product, and marketing, to design, develop, and track key performance indicators (KPIs) for ranking and recommendation models.
- Conducting experiments to measure these KPIs, as well as deriving actionable insights from the data, to continually improve the technology and drive business outcomes.
Nice to Haves
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in quantitative science or engineering field (for example: Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operation Research) with a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience as an individual contributor.
- Proven expertise in designing and developing AI/ML models for ranking and recommendation systems, with in-depth understanding of both traditional collaborative/content-based recommendation methods and cutting-edge deep learning algorithms, reinforcement learning, and bandit techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to write scalable production-quality code in Python, Java, Scala or a similar programming language, and to design and implement data engineering pipelines using technologies like Hive, SQL, BigQuery, or Spark.
- Proficiency in machine learning frameworks and packages, such as Tensorflow and PyTorch.
- Experience with Graph-based algorithms and infrastructure.
- Experience working on feed-based ML ranking and recommendation systems.
- Prior experience working in a cloud-based environment such as GCP.
- Hands-on experience with conducting experiments in various areas of personalization and causal inferencing.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.Additional Job Description:Subsidiary:
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is
$96900 to $234300Our Benefits:
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.comWho We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
This job has expired.