The Mold Tech III (Rotational Mold Maintenance & Repair) is responsible for all duties listed below, follows all work processes implemented in the department and follows all Safety and Company guidelines as outlined in the department manuals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- In-House Major Rotational Mold Repair & foam fixture, rebuilds, overhauls and modifications, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, insert change over, complete mold disassembly & re-assembly, minor mold polishing include
- Ability to handle mold safely to ensure safety of personnel, equipment, and tooling
- Ability to meet deadlines and efficient routing of job through shop in a timely manner
- Attending to projects/assignments as directed by your Supervisor, Manager or Engineer
- Ability to make work independently as well as with others as a team
- Additional job duties as assigned
- Ability to have basic computer skills such as keyboard, mouse and data entry etc.;
- Observe and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Ability to operate a forklift, overhead hoist and lockout/tag out
- Ability to operate shot peen booth to texture mold surfaces and prior mold masking preparation and dry ice blasting
- Ability to visually troubleshoot mold problems when necessary utilizing part samples to determine root cause of problem
- Ability to foresee tooling problems and suggest solutions
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and detailed mold/tool drawings and written/verbal instructions so as to perform the work required
- Ability to set-up and operate all standard tool room equipment including conventional mills, lathes, surface grinders
- Ability to compute dimensions, plans layouts & determines assembly method/sequence of operations. Evaluates method & sequence to recommend improvements
- Must be able to plan and execute the building and fitting of mold components per CAMBRO requirements on all projects
- Repair molds with minimal supervision
- Read and understand engineering documents
- Aid in the production areas as needed to perform mold functionality/ repairs & possible processing troubleshooting
- Enter mold maintenance performed into in house electronic computer tracking system
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department's key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In this position you may be required to:
- Occasionally sit, walk, stand, bend at the neck and/or waist, squat, climb, kneel, , twist at the neck and/or waist, use hands repetitively for simple and power grasping, fine manipulation, pushing & pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level, carrying/lifting up to 25 lbs..
- Drive cars, reach trucks, order pickers, forklifts, and other equipment.
- Work around equipment and machinery.
- Exposure to dust, gas, fumes or chemicals
- Safety glasses
- Utility gloves/cutting gloves
- Leather top, slip-resistant shoes, safety toe shoes
- Steel-toe slip resistant shoes
- Hearing protection (e.g. ear plugs, ear muffs)
- Face shields
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years in Roto Mold maintenance and troubleshooting
- High School diploma or GED required; Associate Degree desired
- One year certificate from college or technical school
- Ability to perform math functions
- Must meet CAMBRO's Fork-Lift Certification Requirements
- Valid California driver's license with not more than two (2) moving violations within the past three (3) years.
- Geometry and Trigonometry skills as related to converting part drawings into parts
- Ability to understand the basics of hardness principles and appropriate application of steels.
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to use Oxy-Acetylene torch and Arc Welding certified for steel and aluminum
CAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.