Join the Shamrock Family!
Receive Amazing Benefits, plus a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Multiple Shifts Available
Run and maintain production equipment such as sleevers, case packers, de-palletizers, wrappers and other related equipment within the Dairy Plant. (S)he contributes to overall department production goals and maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Closely monitor the dairy production process and adjust equipment as necessary
- Monitor weights, seals, caps, and other general packaging items in the process
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties
- Reassemble equipment after maintenance, clean up, and changeovers
- Ensure concentrations are taken with each CIP, monitoring flow & temperature
- Perform preventative maintenance, line changeovers, and environmental cleanup
- Closely monitor the palletizing process
- Program new pallet patterns as new business arises.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOPs
- Follow Quality Assurance standards and collect required samples, as needed, for Quality Assurance testing
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include compliance of Good Manufacturing Practices, wearing required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 3+ months experience in dairy, manufacturing or another related field preferred
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Fluency in English; speak, read and write
- Able to work in a cold and wet environment for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to work in various temperature-controlled zones ranging from cold to hot
- Demonstrates a mechanical aptitude and can work and maneuver in tight and awkward areas and positions.
- Ability to operate equipment at recommended speeds and communicate mechanical and operational defects as they arise.
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to frequently reach up to 31-77 inches.
- Regularly stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Regularly reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Regularly taste or smell milk-based product
- Occasionally sit and occasionally climb ladders or work on a platform
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Our Mission
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family's motto to "treat associates like family and customers like friends." Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That's why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn't stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education and wellness programs. Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.