Quality of Life:Flexible work schedules
Advancement:Career growth opportunities
Location:Holy Cross Health has two hospitals and four healthcare centers all a short driving distance from Washington DC and Baltimore, MD
- Holy Cross Health's Medical Laboratories provide complete testing needs for all patients who receive care at Holy Cross Hospital, Holy Cross Germantown Hospital and Holy Cross Health Centers.
- Holy Cross Health's laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation and staffed by a team of professionals who strive to exceed physician and patient requirements.
Shift - Overnight - availability needed for during the week, weekends & holidays
Location - Silver Spring
What you will need:Required
- Perform routine and specialized procedures, review and approve clinical test results for use in the diagnosis and treatment of patients in accordance with established protocol for a laboratory performig high complexity procedures as defined by the standards of the Clinical laboratory Improvement Act of 1988.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Clinical Laboratory Technology (Medical Technology), biological, chemical or related science; and satisfactory completion of a clinical laboratory educational rotation;
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college/university including courses in biological science, chemistry and mathematics -and- successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Technologist program.
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college/university, including 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) of biological science (with one semester in microbiology), 16 semester hours (24 quarter hours) of chemistry, one semester (one quarter) of mathematics, -and- one year of full time acceptable clinical laboratory experience in Blood Banking, Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Immunology and/or Clinical Microscopy within the last ten years. Clinical rotations or professional experience must be under the supervision of a pathologist (certified by the American Board of Pathology) or an appropriately board certified medical scientist and a certified medical technologist.
- Current or eligible ASCP, AMT, or NCA certification as a Medical Technologist desirable but not necessary with documented training and education. Can consider previously certified Medical Technologists, who met the credentialing requirements by the Department of Health Education and Welfare (HEW certified MT).
- New Graduate to 5 years of experience in Clinical Laboratory Setting.
- General knowledge of laboratory methodologies, interpretation of results, and quality assurance; Have completed a accredited internship in all areas of the laboratory that the employee is to be responsible for or have documented / traceable on the job training in an accredited laboratory. Ability to work in harmony with personnel to build team driven customer service; Demonstrates basic computer literacy; Demonstrates comprehension, skill and command of oral and written English language
Holy Cross Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system that serves more than 240,000 individuals each year from Maryland's two largest counties - Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Holy Cross Health earns numerous national awards, clinical designations and accreditations across a wide range of specialties for providing innovative, high-quality health care services.
We were named one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for 2021.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.