Qualified candidates may be eligible for a sign-on incentive of $5,000 based on years of experience!
The Department of Pathology is seeking a Medical Laboratory Scientist to perform clinical laboratory analyses on biological specimens for providing information for the diagnosis, prevention, or treatment of diseases. This position is 100% of time, Monday - Friday, primarily 2100-0530.
Duties to include:
- Performs Immunology procedures: Immunohistochemistry, frozen section cutting and staining by direct immunofluorescence, and fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH)
- Performs histologic procedures which include embedding, microtomy, staining, and coverslipping.
- Calibrates, conducts routine maintenance, and troubleshoots laboratory instrumentation.
- Performs, records, and reviews daily quality control and quality assurance associated with assigned testing, reporting and documenting abnormalities as needed.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
For a full job description, please send an e-mail to the contact listed below.
The Department of Pathology is part of UI Health Care, a comprehensive health sciences center that serves Iowa and the region, as well as patients referred from the United States and overseas. The Clinical Laboratories are well recognized for providing outstanding and comprehensive care to the patients we serve. The breadth and depth of services provided are amongst the best in the country. The educational programs that the department participates in includes medical students, clinical laboratory scientists as well as biomedical scientists. To learn more: https://medicine.uiowa.edu/pathology/about-usRequired Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, biological, clinical laboratory science, or medical technology program from an accredited institution.
- Six (6) months - one (1) year clinical laboratory experience, which may include program training experience is required.
- Certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or a categorical/specialist certification in the appropriate laboratory discipline from American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or certification as a Medical Technologist (MT) from Health Education and Welfare (HEW) is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Histology experience is desirable.
- Electron Microscopy experience is desirable.
- Experience with Immunohistochemistry, frozen section cutting and staining; fluorescent in situ Hybridization (FISH) is desirable.
The department intends to hire for one position from either Medical Laboratory Technician, requisition 22003268, or Medical Laboratory Scientist, requisition 22003269, based on the qualifications of the successful candidate. Please apply to the specific position for which you wish to be considered or both. Position and Application details:
In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload the following documents and mark them as a "Relevant File" to the submission:
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and credential/education verification. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
For additional questions, please contact Brenda Carey via email at email@example.com.
- Classification Title: Medical Lab Scientist
- Appointment Type: SEIU
- Schedule: Full-time
- Pay Level: 6
- Starting Salary Minimum: 45826.00
- Starting Salary Maximum: Commensurate
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Brenda Carey
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org