Medical Director - Cardio, Vascular, Metabolic and Endocrine
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "World's Most Admired Companies," Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians - and many of the country's leading hospitals and health systems - relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's \"World's Most Admired Companies\" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the \"Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services\" industry category.
• Fortune magazine's Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America's Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron's 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 'Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality' in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests - such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count - to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics' reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics' long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
We are currently seeking a Medical Director bringing expertise in the space of Cardio, Vascular, Metabolic and Endocrine.
• The chosen candidate will be responsible for providing medical affairs and clinical direction for CVME diseases providing and/or guiding direction of efforts companywide.
• Work with external partners: academic institutions, KOLs, customers, payers, and regulatory agencies - as a medical director reporting to the Executive Medical Director of Medical Affairs
• Role will be critical providing strategic insights to CVME franchise efforts relating to test development, licensing, joint partnership or other technology evaluation and providing clinical relevance of testing for successful commercialization
• Collaborate with R&D project pipeline. Understand feedback and what new tests need to be developed
• This position will work for business growth in the area of expertise with a keen understanding of the challenges facing endocrinologists, internists and primary care in both group physician and medical centers based practice.
• The individual must be able to work cross functionally to develop reimbursement and clinical utility plans for new and emerging testing
Advises Quest CVME and General Diagnostics senior management staff of trends and actions that must be incorporated into business and strategic planning. Interacts with academic institutions, key opinion leaders, and reviews new research developments in the appropriate fields of expertise. Makes recommendations on strategies and tests to develop consistent with R&D and Clinical Franchise strategic plan. Member of CVME Franchise team. Participates in all significant scientific, business and policy decisions impacting the clinical utility and quality of testing services. Honors requests for consultations from clinicians regarding the appropriateness and interpretation of laboratory tests. Due to the importance of quality patient care, servicing consultation requests of all types is considered imperative. Interacts with internal team (Client Services, Clinical franchise teams, Sales and Marketing, Operations) to facilitate and foster increased transfer of information related to Medicine and Science at Quest Diagnostics. Interacts with Payers and Policy Makers, Patient Organizations to drive reimbursement schedule, and works with Advocacy groups to understand and address the needs of patients Attendance at National, International meetings, review courses in areas of assigned expertise to maintain/build knowledge/certifications and to provide representation for Quest Diagnostics. Perform other duties as assigned when pertinent to neurologic diseases Supports the commercial team when needed for critical meetings with customers either over the phone or customer visit
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
M.D or D.O. Board certified or eligible in Internal medicine and Endocrinology with focus on metabolism. Possess ability to work with the specialist in CV therapeutic area, clinical medicine, basic medical sciences, clinical laboratory sciences, and operations. Good communication skills are a must, particularly since the Director regularly contacts our medical professional clients in the related specialties. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Personal adaptability and ability to lead change. Capability to provide leadership and direction in a fast-paced and complex operating environment. Passion for patient care and services. Strong executive presence, public relations and communications skills. Ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders and influence those involved in making major decisions that impact the businesses. Strength in responding to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive base salary
Performance-based Bonus Program
Employee Stock and Equity Plans
Time off with Pay benefit
Health Insurance Programs for Medical, Dental and Vision
401(k) & fully vested company matching contributions (5%) after 1st year
Life and Disability Insurance
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking "Job Search" and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Interested Candidates, please contact:
Senior Executive/Medical Search Consultant - Quest Diagnostics
New York, New York
Posted less than a minute ago
White Plains, New York
Posted less than a minute ago
Posted less than a minute ago