The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing is seeking an 100% Medical Assistant II to work in the Neurosurgery Clinic.
Under direct supervision of LIP (licensed independent practitioner), RN (registered nurse), NM/ANM (nurse manager/assistant nurse manager) or other licensed designee, functions as a member of the patient care team. Performs technical, patient care and related clerical functions in the urgent care setting by coordinating all elements of the patient visit.
Duties to include:
- Staff will support our Neurosurgery Clinic patients.
- Responsible for facilitating the smooth flow of patients through the clinic through interaction with patients, families, and staff.
- Assist in clinic with physical examination of patient and related treatments, including but not limited to patient history, medication records, allergies, and immunizations.
- Manages internal and external medical records to ensure that accurate and complete data is available for patient appointments.
- Administers routine oral, rectal, or injectable medications not requiring a high level of skill or nursing judgment. These are medications that can only be administered by certified medical assistants or medical assistants who have completed a formal accredited training program.
- Performs routine laboratory tests such as urinalysis and blood work, does electrocardiograms and x-ray work as needed.
- Identifies vaccination needs for specific patient populations.
- Performs related clerical tasks including answering phones, scheduling appointments, and providing information to other departments.
- Assists in obtaining insurance prior authorizations.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®Percent of Time:
Monday-Friday, 8A-5P. No nights, weekends, holidays, or call. Option to work 8 or 10 hour shiftsHourly:
$18.65 to commensurate.Location:
UIHC Main CampusBenefits Highlights:
Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life, and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans. Complete information regarding the full benefits package may be viewed at: https://hr.uiowa.edu/benefitsMinimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Certification OR registration as a Medical Assistant OR completion of a recognized one-year Medical Assistant Program, OR
- Completion of a health care profession program with a curriculum incorporating elements of a Medical Assistant program including but not limited to pathophysiology, medical terminology, basic pharmacology and medication administration including dose calculation and psychology (include educational transcripts during application process)
In order to be considered, applicants must upload a resume (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position. Candidates must upload copy of their educational transcripts
if they are not certified/registered as a Medical Assistant or if they have not completed a Medical Assistant Program. Applicant Resource Center -
Need help submitting an application or accepting an offer? Support is available!
Our Applicant Resource Center
is now open in the Fountain Lobby at the Main Hospital. Hours:
Tuesdays & Thursdays 2:00pm - 4:00pm Or by appointment
Contact TAHealthCareSupport@healthcare.uiowa.edu to schedule a time to visit.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. Successful candidates will be required to self-disclose any conviction history and will be subject to a criminal background check and credential/education verification. For questions, contact Nicole Peak at email@example.com.
- Classification Title: Assistant Coach
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Work Modality Options: On Campus
- Pay Level: 09
- Starting Salary Minimum: 45,000
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Tanner Erwin
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org