Primary roles are to assure efficient patient flow through the clinic, to maintain neat, clean, and safe patient care areas, and to promote patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner consistent with their needs. Duties also include ensuring stocking of rooms, removal of expired medications and supplies, scanning documents (i.e., consents, DCF paperwork) into medical records. Assists surgeons and APPs in clinic, while also floating to cover front desk and EPIC clinic scheduling when needed. Works under the supervision of the Administrative Manager.
1. Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues.
2. Anticipate and identify unexpressed patient needs and work to meet those needs.
3. Prioritizes work in alignment with the needs of the physician and clinic, including entry of x-ray orders, printing and distribution of work and school notes, etc.
4. Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in handling all situations diplomatically and courteously.
5. Make pre-visit COVID visit phone calls for clinics 24-48H prior to office visits.
1. Able to place team priorities above his/her own personal agenda.
2. Appropriately consider other's opinions on matters that affect the team's decisions.
3. Assists in mentoring new staff members or students, as needed.
4. Adapts communication style to varying patient and colleague needs.
5. Is cognizant of areas for growth and communicate any concerns or recommendations for change/improvements to management.
6. Communicate low volume days with staff, providing assistance with phone calls, pre-visit COVID screening, pre-op COVID test scheduling, etc.
Flexibility and Resilience
1. Able to interpret situations and information objectively and professionally in emotionally charged situations.
2. Able to positively deal with change that affects job requirements and shifting priorities.
3. Able to support organizational change, as needed.
4. Communicate time off requests in a timely manner.
Continuous Quality Improvement
1. Able to establish "personal standards of quality" for work.
2. Able to apply "best practices" to the job.
3. Able to improve the efficiency of work by eliminating barriers and streamlining work processes.
4. Collaborates with other MAs and office staff to improve patient experience and provide seamless, efficient patient care.
Technical /Functional Expertise
1. Possesses thorough knowledge of department policies and procedures, emergency protocols and HIPAA compliance requirements.
2. Demonstrates thorough functional knowledge of EPIC, PROMS.
1. Review the daily schedule of patients and be certain that all appropriate preparations are in place to facilitate efficient patient flow for the next business day including COVID screening, x-ray entry, cast/bracing requisitions, etc.
2. Responsible for chart preparation to ensure clinical efficiency and provider preparedness of clinical assessment.
3. Assures and verifies appropriate patient identification, escorts patients to designated clinical area from waiting room.
4. Monitors and facilitates clinic flow of patients and informs staff members/patients of wait times. Identifies and communicates problematic patient flow trends.
5. Ensure prompt and appropriate exam room turnaround between patients.
6. Follow appropriate infection control measures, clean all examination room surfaces with hospital/Infectious Disease approved cleaning supplies. Examination room turnover is to include the following: Exam table paper, freshen pillow, remove residual materials from exiting patient, computer screen is clear of information from previous patient and locked, any floor or room debris is thrown away, and ensuring that the examination room is patient ready prior to rooming of the next patient.
7. Assists physician with any procedural activity such as dressing changes, suture, or staple removal, and applying steri strips or Band-Aids as instructed.
8. Responsible for stocking of all examination rooms and carts with supplies and requisitioning of supplies and all materials necessary for efficient patient care during a clinical session. This activity should be executed at the end of each clinical session to ensure that the exam rooms are provider ready for the next business day.
9. Responsible for checking medication supply and expiration dates.
10. Discards expired and opened medications with no date.
11. Interacts in a professional and cooperative manner with our patients and practice staff members.
12. Engages in constructive problem solving with others in the practice as problems arise.
13. Before leaving clinical area for lunch breaks or any early departure ensures appropriate coverage and clinical hand-off to their colleague.
14. Helps to obtain pre-certification when appropriate for patient services.
15. At the conclusion of the workday, the medical assistant is responsible to ensure that all clinical information (chart preparation and clinical preparedness) is complete for the next business day.
16. Confirms that all equipment is shut down/off, and cabinets are locked for the next business day.
17. Responsible for scanning and indexing of clinical documentation as per protocol in order to support the patient care process.
18. Assists Dr. Jeffrey Kreher with administrative duties including returning patient calls, as directed by Dr. Kreher, scheduling and canceling appointments, ensuring patient schedules are appropriate in terms of numbers of patients scheduled.
Posted about 6 hours ago
Posted about 6 hours ago
Posted 2 minutes ago