Brighamand Women's Harbor Medical Associates is part of the Brigham and Women'sPhysicians Organization and is a multispecialty, primary care practice withmore than 65 physicians in our several offices on the South Shore.
You will find our practiceculture stimulating and rewarding. We value all our employees and offercomprehensive benefits. We are affiliated with Brigham and Women's Hospital,Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center and South Shore Hospital.
The Medical Assistant willwork as a member of the clinical team and support providers by deliveringexcellent patient care and customer service.
- Sets up andmaintains exam/treatment rooms, maintains adequate medical supplies
- Rooms patientsand takes vital signs including blood pressure, weight, height, reviews medicalhistory
- Completes tasksassigned in the clinical task boxes in a timely manner
- Operates assignedequipment
- Orders andmaintains clinical supplies
- Arrives patientfor their appointment
- Advises providerthat the patient is ready to be seen
- Coordinate actionplan with assigned provider
- Prepares patientfor examination and/or treatments
- Assist provideras directed
- Administer,document and enter charges for immunizations
- Assists withcalling patients to convey test results
- Obtains priorauthorizations
- Participates indaily huddles with providers
- Maintain aprofessional, courteous, and positive manner with all contacts.
- Workcollaboratively in relationships with co-workers
- Participate inachieving common goals
- Share knowledgeand expertise willingly
- Offer/lendassistance as needed.
- Conveyinformation clearly in writing and verbally
- Listen withempathy
- Acceptconstructive criticism/feedback
- Respond toinquiries accurately and in a timely manner
Other duties as assignedQualifications
• High schooldiploma or equivalent required
• Must be a graduateof an accredited Medical Assistant program
• Must hold currentCPR certification
• Certified MedicalAssistant strongly preferred
• Strong clinicalskills
• Familiarity withclinical processes and procedures and medical terminology
• Able to performvital signs, obtain pertinent health information including but not limited totemperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, height and weight
• Able toparticipate in the medication reconciliation processes and related prescriptionmanagement tasks including prior authorizations
• Knowledge andability to perform specific procedures and tests appropriate to the clinicalsetting
• Strong customerservice skills
• Strong computerskills including Microsoft Office
• Experience withPractice Management and Electronic Health Record systems, a plus
• Able to maintainstrictest confidentiality.
• Able tocommunicate with all levels of organization.
• Able to handlemultiple tasks and prioritize work.
• Able tocomprehend complex orders
• Strives in afast-paced environment and stays calm during stressful situations.
• Flexible and ableto adapt to changing situationsEEO Statement
Brigham and Women's Physicians Organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.