Responsible for assisting and/or leading mechatronics program development for assigned product groups. Directs and/or executes test programs and analyzes test results. Communicates results and makes design recommendations to appropriate internal or external customers to include design; electrical; and test engineering teams and management personnel.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Plan and conduct performance evaluation of prototype and production equipment using field tests and lab environments with simulated field conditions.
2. Plan and direct Hardware in Loop (HIL) lab and field testing of mechatronics based products and/or components. Use HIL based results for Design verification.
3. Lead the review of product designs for potential areas of weakness. Utilize FMEA techniques to enhance product reliability and product durability.
4. Validation and benchmarking of TORO equipment with embedded real time software and electrical controls and systems.
5. Organize test programs, including facilities, manpower, procedures and timing.
6. Review product hardware and software specifications for potential issues. Work closely with design engineering to improve product design specifications.
7. Perform concept evaluations and engineering feasibility evaluations.
8. Create/architect or evaluate embedded software for products using CAN/serial bus interfaces.
9. Read & understand module schematics and use for debug & test.
10. Prepare detailed reports and test procedures documenting the results, methods and equipment used in product evaluation.
11. Support Company Quality Policy by working within the documented Quality System. Participates in quality initiatives and training as needed.
12. Work with Quality engineers to develop production validation test programs. Evaluate results and recommend corrective action when required.
13. Lead the evaluation of control system and electrical subsystem design through FMEA analysis.
14. Give work direction to engineers, test technicians or drafters.
15. Other duties assigned by supervisor.
Kansas City, Kansas
Posted 29 minutes ago
Posted 29 minutes ago
Posted 21 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!