Novelis is the world leader in aluminum rolling and recycling, producing an estimated 19 percent of the world's flat-rolled aluminum products. We work alongside our customers to provide innovative solutions to the aerospace, beverage can, automotive and high-end specialty markets.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, Novelis has approximately 14,650 employees in 33 operating facilities on four continents and is investing close to $1.5 billion in global rolling and recycling expansions to meet the growing demand for our premium product.
Novelis offers competitive pay, flexible work schedules, and competitive benefits, including paid time off and a generous 401K match. In addition, we provide a strong culture with proven team values. \"Say Anything\" is just one of our many cultural beliefs. At Novelis, you are not just an employee; you are part of our family!
The Novelis Guthrie, KY team is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join Novelis for our recently announced expansion/greenfield start-up Recycle Center in Guthrie, KY. The Mechanical Engineer reports to Associate EMRA Leader. The ideal candidate will be responsible for handling all aspects of the Mechanical Engineering functions, such as design, construction, and installation of equipment modifications. They will analyze and recommend preventive maintenance replacement programs and provide value analysis engineering, driving the continuous improvement of the plant.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Provide a mechanical understanding of the process, civil, and electrical components involved in the equipment.
- Responsible for solving problems encounters that center around meeting production needs in the face of tight, frequently revised schedules and equipment failures, the start-up of new equipment, development of new products and processes.
- Optimize equipment utilization and efficiency by applying the latest development in machine procedures, diagnostic equipment, and more reliable electrical components. Develop practical solutions to repetitive equipment failure problems
- Give engineering expertise to project work and selection of replacement or new equipment to help ensure consistency and standardization of components and ease of maintenance.
- Ensure all equipment recommended, repaired, or modified meets all company and governmental safety and health rules and regulations to ensure the safety and wellbeing of employees.
- Assist in developing engineering or maintenance procedures and repair work to ensure safety, effectiveness, and efficiency. Expand, continually, knowledge of engineering and maintenance principles and practice.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of a Quality System by serving as an agent to Operating Teams.
- Oversee plant safety compliance program. Serve as site subject matter expert.
- Update and maintain plant drawings
What We Offer:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology from an accredited university or institution.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills; ability to collaborate with all levels in the organization
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize responsibility; able to balance multiple tasks at once without sacrificing attention to detail; flexible and able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead and develop other personnel to accomplish personal, plant, and corporate objectives
- Good strong computer skills, experience with AutoCAD, Inventor, or other 3D modeling software.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software, including but not limited to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), preferably SAP
- Project management experience, budget management, scheduling, coordinating contractors, and execution
Novelis' benefits say a lot about how we care for each other. Our employees and their families have many different needs. As a result, our benefits offer choices on many levels and are high in quality, competitive in the marketplace, and affordable. These are a few of the benefits we offer to support you and your family's well-being:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health savings accounts - Company Funded Health Savings Account (HSA) and Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Company-paid basic life insurance and Additional voluntary life coverage
- Paid vacation and personal time off
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Retirement savings plans - medical and prescription drug coverage through private exchange
- Employee assistance programs - available 24/7 to you and your family
- Wellness and Work Life Support - career development and educational assistance
Novelis' Guthrie facility is located in Guthrie Kentucky approximately 30 minutes from the Tennessee state line near Clarksville Tennessee and Hopkinsville Kentucky. As Novelis' newest facility Guthrie will house a heat treatment and pretreatment line that will serve the North American automotive market and employ 125 residents. In addition to hunting fishing and hiking residents enjoy the Guthrie Transportation Museum which is the hub of the city's renewal efforts. The Guthrie team enjoys partnerships with Hopkinsville Community College Todd County High School Guthrie Fire Department and several local Rotary Clubs. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.
This job has expired.