WEG: Our Company
Founded in 1961, WEG is recognized as one of the largest electric machine manufacturers in the world. WEG employs over 30,000 people around the globe and offers a diversified and integrated product line, with sales to more than 135 countries worldwide. Our U.S. operations are growing at an impressive rate and we're looking for talented individuals to help us move forward with this aggressive growth plan.
WEG is committed to building quality products and providing efficient solutions. To achieve this goal, we strive for continuous investment in innovation and team work. Helping people reach their goals by living the values of the company is a passion shared by everyone at WEG.
At WEG, our Values stand as: Human Company, Team Work, Efficiency, Flexibility, Innovation and Leadership.
As a Human Company, we value each individual contribution to our success, and we motivate people by means of integrity, ethics and constant support to personal development.
WEG, also, supports Green Initiatives such as the implementation of a company-wide recycling program, the use of green chemicals for office cleaning, the elimination of Styrofoam cups, and installation of HVAC economizers on rooftop units and an energy management system to improve overall energy efficiency.
Mechanical Design of 3 phase, 50 or 60 Hz, power transformers with capacity up to 100000KVA and voltage class up to 161000 volts. Items to be designed are tank, accessories, core and winding support structures. Duties include
- Review customer specification to identify the engineering requirements
- Identify the accessories required
- Prepare mechanical design i.e. tank, core and coils assembly using 3D CAD software.
- Perform structural design and calculations
- Prepare General Arrangement drawing for customer's review
- Prepare Bill of Materials and component drawings of tank, internal assembly components and accessories for ordering
- Perform design review and technical discussions with customer as required to resolve technical matters
- Prepare manufacturing drawings for shop
- Prepare manual and work instructions
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) or similar degree from an accredited (4 year) college or university
- Knowledge / direct experience of working with AutoCAD and 2D / 3D design software
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and ability to communicate with varying levels of employees
- Major in Applied Mechanics and Machine Design
- Work Experience of 4 Years in design of medium power transformers
- 15000KVA, 69KV voltage class and above
- With load tap changer.
- Ability to learn and improve processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly competent in teamwork and collaboration
- Passionate and energetic self-starter
WEG offers competitive compensation, meaningful and exciting career options, as well as excellent benefits, including paid vacation, medical, and dental, vision, 401(k), health savings accounts, life insurance, disability insurance and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Read about our career opportunities below and inquire about being a member of our first-class team. Apply Today:
Is engineering design your passion?
Do you want to be part of a growing company?
If you answered "Yes" & meet our qualifications, we invite you to apply today to join the WEG Transformers Team!
We are Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.