Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of the highest quality arc welding products, automated joining assembly and cutting systems, and has a global leading position in brazing and soldering alloys. With over 125 years of innovation and service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation, drive growth and provide a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric: we operate to a higher standard to build a better world.
Req. ID: 22058
PURPOSE: To participate as a mechanical engineer on the development and implementation of electric vehicle charging equipment and other high power equipment.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Work in R&D on the design, specification and documentation from components to assemblies all the way up to finished products related to electric vehicle chargers and associated power electronics enclosures.
- Engineer safe, high quality, cost effective, ergonomic, and environmentally responsible parts, sub-systems and complete machines.
- Engage in Voice of Customer actions and evaluate market needs.
- Activities include design of sheet metal, mechanisms, mechanical components and complete products as required.
- May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives.
- Has in-depth knowledge in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines.
- Perform and supervise the testing of new designs, processes, warranty improvements and cost reductions.
- Assist in development of design guides, design review check lists and general machine FMEAs.
- Coordinates the activities of technical support personnel and may lead cross functional teams.
- Effectively use and contribute to Lincoln's expertise, supporting bodies of knowledge in design methods and resources, to achieve significant customer value.
- Support sales, Marketing, Service and customer issues as required.
- Creates value by supporting supply chain initiatives and creating designs with common parts.
- Collaborate with team colleagues, R&D, Manufacturing, Production, Supply, Quality and Service Departments to establish and achieve objectives.
- Establish and support corporate strategic related projects; contributes to strategic planning.
- Review progress and perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company's 2025 Strategy.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- Minimum of five years engineering experience
- Ability to handle a constantly changing set of priorities
- Initiative to take ownership of product designs
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of a particular field of specialization to the completion of complex assignments
- Experience in design, testing and problem solving
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred but not required
- Ability to perform hands-on work
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.Employment Status:
Salary Full-Time Function:
Research & Development Section:
Lincoln Cleveland (US10) EOE, including disability/veteransNearest Major Market:
Cleveland Job Segment:
Machinist, Welding, Technical Support, Manufacturing, Technology
This job has expired.