The Harris Products Group, a Lincoln Electric Company, is a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of brazing, soldering, heating, cutting and welding equipment, as well as brazing and soldering alloys and welding consumables.
Req. ID: 22162
Harris Products Group, Mason, OH
PURPOSE: This role is responsible for creating designs for mechanical devices and equipment, and working with engineers and other professionals to create or improve manufacturing systems or processes. The role will develop and maintain processes and procedures to support effective retrieval of cataloged drawings, procedures, and equipment.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Revises and manages existing drawings, procedures, and equipment as required by Engineering Change Requests (ECR) ensuring accuracy, quality, and integrity
- Prepares and maintains detailed design drawings, schematics, or specifications typically using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software
- Works closely with design originators to resolve design details or discrepancies
- Creates, modifies, and controls detailed two- and three-dimensional parts and assembly drawings from sketches, plans, written and verbal instructions
- Develops and maintains drafting standards and procedures
- Inspects vendor-supplied parts
- Troubleshoots machine and procedure problems
- Coordinates the completion of assigned projects
- Develops project deadlines and coordinates detail drawing packages for part acquisition and machine building, installation, and runout
- Works with installation and production personnel to modify equipment drawings as needed
- Documents all aspects of projects assigned
- Details all aspects of new and existing machinery as well as prototypes
- Establishes Bill of Material, parts lists, and drawing catalogues
- Provides input to ECRs
- Compiles and maintains technical documentation such as blueprints, drawings, change orders, and specifications
- Examines documents to verify completeness and accuracy of data, and resolves discrepancies with document originators
- Develops and maintains procedures and standards for maintaining documents and change control of documents, including document development, approval, production, distribution, and amendment
- Maintains computerized document control records to ensure compliance with all applicable record retention policies, safeguards information, and maintains the processes that support effective retrieval of catalogues drawings, procedures, and equipment
- Proficient with AutoCad and/or SolidWorks software
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to relate well with plant personnel at all levels
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Six Sigma training - Certified Red Belt or equivalent - preferred
- Ability to multitask
- Associate Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferred
Comprehensive and competitive compensation plus performance-based bonus opportunity and benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401k savings, and more. Tobacco and Drug-Free Workplace.
The Harris Products Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit www.harrisproductsgroup.com to learn more.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.Employment Status:
Hourly Full-Time Function:
J.W. Harris Co, Inc. (US20) EOE, including disability/veteransNearest Major Market:
Cincinnati Job Segment:
Machinist, Document Control, Welding, Manufacturing, Administrative
This job has expired.