The State of Nebraska, Department of Health and Human Services is seeking a Materiel Specialist to join our COMS team as a part of our Operations Division. COMS is Central Operations of Materiel Services.
As a Materiel Specialist, you will play an essential role in execution of DHHS operations. This position will assist the agency towards efficiency as it relates to areas within the assigned unit. Responds to questions from employees and external persons on matters pertaining to program or administrative functions. Suggests improvements to work procedures and operations to be used by staff.
If you have a forklift certification, or are able to obtain one and have experience with building management, WE NEED YOU!
What we can offer you:
- Stable Employment Opportunity
- Career Development and Learning
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 156% match of first 4.8% contribution to Retirement Plan
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Generous Leave Accruals and benefits
- Opportunity to be part of a caring organization
- Flexible Schedules
Job location is the Nebraska State Office Building, Downtown.
Hours: 8-5, Monday - Friday.
Examples of Work
The Materiel Specialist
will Plan, organize, coordinate, and assist administer mail supplies and distribution of warehouse mailing services for agency-wide divisions.
- Ensure each DHHS building has mailing support and distribution needs met in a timely manner to provide services to DHHS' clients.
- Serve as COMS distribution point-of-contact for internal and external orders.
- Oversee teammate requests for accommodations and provide services related to those requests.
- With the assistance of COMS staff, serve as point-of-contact liaison for internal customers (mail deliveries, surplus removal, distribution of goods maintenance requests, special projects).
- Serve as a distribution specialist, completing inter-city and highway driving to deliver goods and provide services to several DHHS offices across the State including delivery of mail, parcels, and equipment.
- Potential for travel or overnight stays around 5% of total time.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Experience in shipping and receiving, handling inventory, warehouse work, or processing mail OR Coursework or training in office support, shipping and receiving, warehouse, inventory, or mail processing practices and procedures.
PREFERRED: Documented experience providing direct services to a business entity, building management or project management duties. Experience in customer service, delivery, office business supply, installation/moving, or business communication. Coursework/training in administrative/office support functions, procedures, and methods including the operation of personal computers and office equipment. MS Office Suite. Demonstrated knowledge and ability to be flexible and adapt with varying duties and assignments.
OTHER: Position requires a valid driver's license. Position will be required to obtain forklift certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to establish and cultivate good working relationships with coworkers, individuals in positions of authority, and general public. Organized and detail oriented with great interpersonal skills and communicator regardless of form or format. Skills including distribution, spelling, grammar, and timeliness. Working knowledge of modern office equipment, including computer hardware and software applications. Willingness to learn new skills as required. Knowledge to troubleshoot and identify problems, determine skill and equipment necessary to install, repair, and relay information to others. Use and operate hand and power tools and power equipment in a safe manner. Perform manual labor (up to 50 lbs), position sometimes requires work with a high degree of physical activity.
DHHS State of Nebraska values our employees as well as a supportive environment that strives to promote Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging. We recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications and at all levels without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or genetics.
For more information about the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and the benefits we offer, please visit our website, https://dhhs.ne.gov/Pages/State-Benefits
This job has expired.