WillScot (NASDAQ WSC) is the industry leader in providing storage solutions and modular workplace solutions to customers across North America. We serve ~50,000 customers with space solution needs daily, through a network of 100+ branch locations throughout North America.
Our legacy is rooted in product innovation, a reputation for exceptional customer service, effective management of business operations, and the ability to attract and retain the industry's most talented staff and management team. Our values guide us to achieving our true potential and create an inclusive work environment which allows every person to thrive.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Materials Management Supervisor owns all material purchasing, receiving, organization, and storage for their designated WillScot Mobile Mini branch. Key areas of responsibility include coordinating all inventory counts, identifying variances, and rectifying to standard, to ensure flow of those materials meets delivery and operational goals.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Maintain a safe working environment and practice safe working habits, always.
- Inventory all parts into SAP before issuing them to production areas, stoking point or other noted production areas.
- Record and assess all materials quality, movement, and expenditure.
- Lead all material cycle counts for valuated inventory, consumables, and non-valuated inventory.
- Oversee the counting and/or measuring of incoming or outgoing materials to verify measurements against invoices, orders, or other records.
- Verify all receipts and consumption are completed real time in the appropriate consumption and procurement modes.
- Generate key inventory reports directly from SAP and BI to reconcile on premises inventory to SAP reporting.
- Monitor and enter into SAP all materials that are placed in service or delivery vehicle that will be consumed during a Service or D&I work order.
- Responsible for tracking performance using departmental metrics, as well as organizing inventory records for future reference.
- Supervise all activities related to receiving purchased parts, material flow and servicing parts as needed.
- Ensure designated area on branch grounds where vendors deliver materials is safely aligned with branch production workflow.
- Act as branch "gatekeeper" for all inventory items; ensuring they are stored in a secure manner.
- Recommend solutions to existing processes to reduce waste and increase quality and quantity.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Work with branch management to identify inventory needs manage the distribution of inventory.
- Monitor inventory levels and be proactive in resolving inventory variances.
- Manage materials shipments, as well as continuously improving the unloading, receiving, and secure storing process for all materials.
- Confirm that all materials that were consumed in the appropriate Work Order process are accurately reflected on the work order and accounted for.
- Be proactive in resolving inventory variances.
- Catalog and track all branch to branch transfers of materials.
- Manage all materials-related activities such as ordering and budgeting, as well as suggesting changes to storage and retrieval processes to maximize the use of company resources.
- Develop, implement, and sustain a plan for which materials/supplies are to be purchased, in what quantities and at what times to ensure that the plan will be able to meet current and future customer demand at the lowest possible cost.
- Maintain inventories at optimal level without impairing branch productivity.
- Order materials as needed, recognizing lead times for delivery to ensure availability for production.
Required Education and Experience: Briefly outline the educational level, degree program, and experience required to perform the job.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Proficient with inventory reporting systems; experience with SAP Materials Management system a plus.
- Understanding of supply chain an inventory management.
Required Skills and Abilities: Briefly outline the specific skills and abilities necessary to perform the job.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work well with all levels of management and staff in multiple locations.
- Ability to influence with and without authority.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior knowledge and/or experience working within a warehouse.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. without strain
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
- Able to be on your feet up to 8 hours (daily)
WillScot, is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. WillScot takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Job Segment:
Manager, ERP, SAP, Business Process, Management, Technology
This job has expired.