Job ID: 448799
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are seeking full-time Material Handlers for our Denver, CO facility.
Minimum starting wage is $18.50/hr. Second shift employees will receive an additional premium of $2.00/hr.
Oldcastle BE offers Medical, Dental, Vision & Rx after 60 days of employment (1st of following month), 401K with company match up to 5% after 90 days (1st of following month).
A Material Handler is responsible for streamlining and expediting production by moving materials, primarily glass, from one position/location to another safely and efficiently. Some assembly and quality control duties are also necessary. This position requires the flexibility to work in different functions throughout the plant.
The Material Handler role in our Denver location isn't just a job - it's a starting point to a fulfilling career with a great company! We hire motivated individuals who want to grow with us. We will equip you with the knowledge and skills that you need to be successful. We have an incredible track record of promoting from within at our Denver location. Opportunities to advance into higher roles of responsibility and pay are abundant. You can be our next success story. And to top it off, PTO starts accruing on your first day, with the potential of 56 hours in the first year, 96 hours per year starting on your first anniversary. PTO can be used from day one! That's how much we value work / life balance.
This role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner, who loves to be a part of a team, and who wants to help us get better, every single day. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Move materials using vacuum lift assist equipment, manually lifting, and moving mobile carts from one position/location to another to facilitate the production process.
- The ability to safely perform tasks, adhere to all safety policies and procedures, and correct or report hazards in the workplace.
- Understand and apply inspection procedures and tolerances to pass or reject materials and/or products
- Perform preventative maintenance activities on equipment, such as cleaning and inspecting. Keep work areas clean and organized.
- Understand and comply with all written policies, work rules, and work instructions. Execute verbal directions as instructed. Respect co-workers to maintain a civil and safe work environment.
- Must be at least 18 year old
- Basic computer input and interface skills
- Ability to read and use a tape measure
- Stable work history with previous manufacturing/fabrication experience and/or mechanical aptitude preferred
- Available to work a 5-day work week with occasional work on Saturdays
- Ability to lift, bend, twist, carry, walk, and reach frequently
- Ability to stand and walk on a concrete floor; wearing steel-toed shoes with metatarsal guards and other safety equipment for eight to twelve hours per day
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment without temperature or humidity control
Successful employees in this role must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility at a satisfactory level. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.Additional Information
Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Pre-employment background screening and drug testing will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
- Starting wage is $18.00 per hour, $2.00 additional per hour for second shift.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope has partnered with DailyPay to offer you the ability to access your earnings before your next paycheck based on current hours worked. You can transfer your earnings instantly for $2.99 per transaction or next-day for $1.99. Certain terms and conditions apply. What OBE Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
OBE has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of family businesses, regional companies, and large enterprises that together form the OBE family. OBE operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an E-Verify Employer.
Date Posted: Aug 25, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Denver Job Segment:
Industrial, Facilities, Fabrication, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.