Using sound principles of social work and mental health, assist patients to improve their quality of life and health goals. Work closely with providers to help manage psychosocial aspects of chronic and acute medical conditions and collaborate on treatment plans. Apply solution-focused principles to improve poor health habits and reduce patient risk.
- Perform thorough patient psychosocial assessments to explore the physical, psychological and social aspects of the patient and their conditions.
- Analyze and evaluate patient data or test findings to diagnose nature or extent of mental disorder.
- Direct, or administer psychotherapeutic treatments to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Document patient care information and ensure timely and accurate completion of patient care records in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Attend operational, clinical, and team meetings and trainings.
- Teach, take continuing education classes, and attend conferences or seminars to increase understanding of mental, emotional, or behavioral states or disorders.
- Current state license and willingness to obtain additional state licenses.
- MUST be a fully independently licensed masters level mental health provider.
- Prior Social Services experience with 2 or more years' experience in primary care or behavioral medicine preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Manage conflict and tactfully handle complaints and difficult situations.
- Common diagnostic procedures knowledge.
- Make decisions and use judgement in ambiguous situations.
- Emergency Response and Preparedness.
- Act as a liaison/advocate between patient and physician.
Master's degree in clinical social work or equivalent.Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged sitting, hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, computer, photocopier, fax, scanner, telephone, smartphone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. May require regional travel and driving.Pay Range: $70,000 - $90,000/yr
The actual offer may vary dependent upon geographic location and the candidate's years of experience and/or skill level.
This job has expired.