The Marketing Manager is responsible to provide tactical leadership over a targeted segment of our business portfolio and execute program and marketing strategies laid out by the business leadership team. This position also provides strategic input to key company initiatives, including digital marketing, and project management to ensure new programs launch effectively. This requires managing the new product life cycle including product introductions, improvements, and discontinuances. This individual will couple the product strategy with the marketing strategy including pricing, competitive positioning, market placement, and service programs.
* Develop and execute business plans and brand portfolio strategy for channel segment
* Lead cross-functional teams which engage sales, product management, customer care, quality, engineering, and finance
* Develop and maintain positioning statements for new and existing products
* Establish marketing plan to drive brand voice in channel, train sales teams on brand programs
* Protect the customer experience across all channel brands while supporting business goals
* Understanding of and ability to develop and implement digital marketing initiatives
* Build and execute strategy for channel merchandising in collaboration with Communications Marketing, incl.;
o Marketing visual and digital assets
o Physical assets needed for showrooms (i.e. product display, samples, information cards)
o Communication assets (i.e. catalogs/brochures/fliers, promotional campaigns, product launch)
o Responsible to develop and execute annual brand budget for Market
* Track market trends, including market research and competitive gap analysis
* Provide channel product mix, product performance, and brand performance analysis
* Manage agency relationships and identify opportunities for improved process efficiency
* Work with marketing and account leadership to execute new channel initiatives;
* Demonstrate understanding of key business drivers, including revenue, profitability, and contracts
* Develop and execute pricing strategy, provide channel pricing and promotion analysis
* Engage Product Management team to develop new products and drive new technology discovery
* Lead internal and external presentations, deliver customer-specific plans and line reviews, and drive business development tools
* Adherence and promotion of the company's core values and CITE principals
* Achievement of initial sales and growth plans
* Attainment of profitability goals
* Execution of projects on time and within budget
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, engineering, technology, or related field preferred - graduate degree in listed fields is a plus
* Minimum of 5 years of marketing, sales, business development, project management, product management/engineering, or similar experience
* Excellent planning, project management and organizing skills - high attention to detail
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience with business presentations
* Strong, demonstrated problem-solving skills and technical acumen
* Experience leading cross functional teams, internally and externally
* Advanced computer skills including Microsoft products, specifically Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint; marketing technology desired
* Ability to build effective business relationships with internal/external clients
Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to carry out responsibilities or respond to common inquiries from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts to such tasks as statistical and financial math calculations, with knowledge of determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw and communicate valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
Typical office environment. The noise level is usually moderate. Up to 25% out-of-town travel may be required for client/field support, plant product and process review, meeting with agencies, and the similar. Initial commercialization phases may require travel more than 25%. Occasional weekend work and extended evening hours may be necessary.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender; and it will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local discrimination laws. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any disability which is unrelated to the ability to engage in the essential functions involved in the position for which application has been made either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Posted about 8 hours ago
Posted about 8 hours ago
Posted about 7 hours ago
Provide an email, zip code for jobs, and/or job category to subscribe to job alerts. Learn more now.