The Harris Products Group, a Lincoln Electric Company, is a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of brazing, soldering, heating, cutting and welding equipment, as well as brazing and soldering alloys and welding consumables.
Req. ID: 22306
The Harris Products Group | Mason, OH
The Harris Products Group is looking for a Manufacturing Planner to join the Supply Chain Team in Mason, OH. In this role, you will develop production schedules for assigned products to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts and/or customer needs. Additionally, you will manage manufacturing resources and achieve targeted inventory levels within the constraints of the Supply Plan provided in the Sales, Inventory & Operations Plan (SIOP process). This position is critical for achieving customer service, plant efficiency, and inventory objectives.
- Develops production schedules for assigned products and manufacturing departments to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts and/or customer orders. These schedules drive both inventory and customer service levels.
- Analyzes sales requirements and plant capabilities to develop schedules that will maintain targeted levels of customer service, operating efficiencies and inventory turns.
- Establishes inventory levels for assigned products by utilizing the appropriate tools in SAP such as reorder points and minimums while assuring the product is available to achieve inventory and customer service objectives.
- Calculates charges for the casting operation to produce quality products while minimizing excess inventory of billets and scrap and reduction of inventory of reclaimed materials. Reviews all materials used in casting and extrusion and maintains accurate perpetual inventory balances of raw materials, scrap and billets.
- Utilizes the appropriate capacity planning tools to schedule jobs for each department.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- An Associate's degree in Operations Management or equivalent discipline or a minimum of three years' related experience as a Manufacturing Scheduler.
- Minimum of one year experience with the manufacturing aspects of SAP including a minimum of one year of Capacity Planning in SAP.
- APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) preferred
- Excellent computer skills with proven intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with a desire to work cross-functionally and as a team.
- Project management skills with the ability to simultaneously and timely execute multiple assignments.
- Practical problem-solving ability and strong understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work with cross-functional team.
The Harris Products Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit www.harrisproductsgroup.com to learn more.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.Employment Status:
Salary Full-Time Function:
Manufacturing Support Section:
J.W. Harris Co, Inc. (US20) EOE, including disability/veteransNearest Major Market:
Cincinnati Job Segment:
Welding, Industrial, SAP, ERP, Manufacturing, Technology
This job has expired.