Hybrid:This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite1-3 times per week.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM's global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
The Manufacturing Launch Project Manager is responsible and accountable for deploying all IT systems (application, infrastructure, controls, cybersecurity technologies) required to launch a new product.
The Project Manager has a strong background in plant floor system and network integration, manufacturing operations, material and quality processes and systems, tooling and manufacturing processes for Vehicle, Global Propulsion Systems (battery, engine, transmission) and/or Stamping.
The Launch Project Manager will integrate with the Global Launch Process, Program Execution, and Manufacturing Integration teams and act as launch single point of contact for Manufacturing IT, Product Execution Team, Master Dot meetings with the business. This person will also lead the scope of the program, manufacturing IT results, resources, ensures effective communications are in place and assures that client objectives are realized.
Additional Job DescriptionRequired Qualifications:
- Fully understand the IGLP (IT Global Launch Process) and implement the project per the process to ensure launch results are provided according to the schedule and within budget
- Knowledge of network deployment and cybersecurity technology implementation
- Responsible for the detailed elaboration of the Coordinated Launch Schedule (ILS) following the Pre-Deploy workshops
- Assure that all key launch landmarks are identified, supervised, and managed using the ILS
- Conducts the schedule progression meetings with the Deployment Leads, Controls Integration Lead, Infrastructure Group Manager, System Integration Lead, IT Site team and launch team to maintain and update the ILS tasks and dependencies
- Provides status updates to the team as needed
- Works hand in hand with the IT GPO Site Leader (keeps site advised at all times of activities and needs)
- Secure project staffing and handle project in PPM (including resource staffing)
- Manage launch IT resources and contractors
- Participate and provide input for the Weekly Launch Status Meetings
- Coordinate Systems Infrastructure and controls workshops
- Update the IT Summary
- Coordinate the Training Curriculum Matrix, participants, and schedule
- Validate SAT test results and ensure all systems SATs and UATs are complete and re-tested as needed
- Resolve Site IT Leads' training requirements and ensure that the training is completed
- Coordinate the completion of transition to operations activities using the T2O checklist
- Provide onsite support for acceleration
- Complete launch close-down activities
- Implement the communication plan to assure interactions between deployment teams and other programs/projects/organizations are in place
- Provide input for EMR (Executive Management Review) as needed
- contact for all communication to plant launch team for IT related activities
- Owns and ensures that the ILS Integrated Launch Schedule timing aligns with business timing
- Responsible to ensure all IT workshops are conducted with the Launch Schedule
- Conduct project monitoring and control activities in accordance with the IGLP to ensure program landmarks and results are met
- Issue/Risk Management
- Organizational Change
- Conduct Weekly Status Review Meetings
- Communicate IT Summary to Plant Business Leads and Plant Management as required
Position could encompass 50% travel
- Bachelors' degree (technical field preferred) and/or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience.
- 3+ years in a technical and business environment
- Confirmed in-depth knowledge of Project Management subject areas and work experience on large-scale projects/programs with a successful delivery record.
- Practical experience leading/influencing internal team members and external partners/stakeholders and others who are not direct reports.
- Expertise in managing projects demonstrating different types of project methodologies and life cycles (e.g., Agile, Waterfall)
- Expertise with project management software (e.g., MS Project) and collaboration/efficiency tools (SharePoint, OneNote, MS Teams).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, interpersonal, negotiation, conflict management and time leadership skills.
- Proven capability to set clear expectations and manage team performance.
- Manufacturing related curriculum or significant curiosity about manufacturing
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.