Job ID: 411979
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
The Manager, Strategic Initiatives is a new position within Oldcastle's Architectural Product Group that will support APG's efforts to build enduring competitive advantages as a leading, global building product enterprise. The role will participate in strategic planning, strategic reviews, strategic portfolio management and various projects as defined by the Director of Strategic Initiatives.
Over the past four years, APG has successfully implemented a series of performance improvement initiatives and the role will help embed this process and cultivate insights to share across the group. Furthermore, APG is poised to formalize efforts and dedicate resources related to transformational projects led by the center and effectively connected to add value in the 25+ operating companies. These projects will cross over multiple portions of APG's business model (e.g. supply chain, technology, plant operations, go-to-market). In addition, APG's organic and inorganic growth have reached sufficient scale to require support related to prioritization, justification, and integration.
The position is an ideal fit for high-performing, self-driven business analyst or associate looking to join a dynamic, global, manufacturing company. Success will require intelligence, communication skills, data-driven analysis, and thoughtful problem-solving.
Education and/or Experience
- Learn the intricacies of a global building product enterprise and become a key member of a team that captures insights, guides decisions, and drives significant impact
- Support communication, analysis, and presentation of strategic initiatives across APG and up to CRH's leadership. This will include preparing financial models and presentation documents to communicate APG's strategic plan and strategic reviews.
- Conduct analysis, research (both internal and external), and critical assessment to prioritize a portfolio of impactful initiatives, strategic projects, and investment opportunities
- Support customized integration and implementation efforts related to new acquisitions, major capital projects, and strategic pilots. Undertake tailored analysis to guide decision making. Participate in problem solving sessions to support APG's President.
What CRH Offers You
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Management, or Finance preferred
- Two years of experience in any combination of finance, consulting or business development. Exposure to experiences that have built genuine business acumen across multiple functions
- The candidate must have particular strength with financial modeling, commercial diagnostics, and operational analysis
- Distinctive Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Comfort operating in ambiguous environments and managing multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Distinctive communication skills (both oral and written).
- Travel up to 50% (includes international)
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 20, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain, Engineer, Business Analyst, Supply, Operations, Engineering, Technology
This job has expired.