Lead and direct all maintenance and engineering function at the plant site.
- Responsible for directing the engineering function and maintenance activities including implementing and monitoring necessary preventative maintenance, PM programs, and developing appropriate capital projects for the continuous improvement of the plant facilities.
- Coordinate all modifications, additions and repair projects in the plant including those performed by or scheduled by outside contractors and corporate staff.
- Supervise and direct the scheduling of hourly and salaried personnel assigned to the maintenance and labor functions including skilled journeyman performing mechanical, electrical maintenance and repairs.
- Direct the environmental activities associated with areas such as air, water, hazardous and solid waste, and comply with appropriate governmental agencies.
- Assist in the establishment of a safe and healthy environment throughout the facilities, always striving for zero accidents and complying with governmental regulations.
- Establish and provide assistance with the administering of training for the apprentice's safety and updating the journeyman as necessary.
- Perform administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the department including establishing effective working relationships with plant employees, the union, other departments and corporate.
- Ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a Bachelor s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or related disciplines.
- Must have 5-10 years of related experience in manufacturing with exposure and understanding of environmental issues.
About Ardagh Group
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a team-based environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills with good team dynamics and possess strong planning and organizational skills.
- Must have basic computer skills and have knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Applications.
Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with revenues of almost $7 billion.
Today we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
- Did you know that Ardagh produce many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
- Did you know we produce metal and glass packaging which are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
- Did you know we produce more than 160 million containers per day?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and have a reputation for innovation.
We push the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy.
Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact whilst remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people.
We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated.
Here at Ardagh, we offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for talented and creative people.
If you have ambition and want to make an impact with your career, come and join our team, you'll enjoy the journey!
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.Nearest Major Market:
Anderson Nearest Secondary Market: