Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported full-year 2022 revenues of $2.9B, a growth of 18% over 2021. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 8,000 people worldwide.
Where you come in:
What makes you successful:
- You will perform a wide variety of laboratory tasks and experiments while overseeing supervisors, chemist and technicians that make detailed observations, analyze data and interpret results.
- You will Manage all elements of wet chemistry manufacturing for the factory, including writing experimental reports, summaries and protocols
- You will maintain laboratory equipment and inventory levels for laboratory supplies.
- You will manage and direct the development and implementation of activities in chemical preparation production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
- You will prioritize production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
- You will plan and administer procedures and budgets, including making budgetary recommendations and at higher levels, controls capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor.
- With other partners you will develop schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- This role may also be responsible for media preparation in the research and development area, including experiments as required and outlined. May also develop and maintain record keeping for experiments performed.
- Influences business partners to ensure Supervisor needs are satisfied and represented in business decisions
- Works on problems or projects of moderate to large scope in which analysis of situation or data requires review of identifiable factors.
Exempt Salary Details:
- You communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing; read and understand information presented in writing; listen to, and understand, information and ideas as presented verbally.
- You have experience establishing objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve these objectives.
- Having a Six Sigma Black Belt expertise (or equivalent) is a plus.
- You effectively partner with counterparts to accelerate employee development and success
- You have 2-5 years of previous management or lead experience.
- You know that people are the most important customers as a leader.
- You bring experience in a chemistry lab, along with a desire to use that experience to have an impact in our customers
- You use logic to identify reasons, facts, or data to draw conclusions and propose solutions.
- Supervise others; identify the best person for a task, assign and direct work; conduct employee evaluations; staff training and development; take appropriate disciplinary/corrective actions; make hiring/termination recommendations; manage a work force to ensure fair employment practices.
- You have no reservations on recommending changes that will result in the most economical cost of design, development, production or manufacturing.
- You have a minimum of 8-12 years of related experience and a B.S degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field.
The annual base salary range for this role is $95,400 to $159,900. Final compensation package will ultimately depend on factors including relevant experience, skillset, knowledge, business needs and market demand. Experience and Education
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree with 8-12 years of industry experience.
- 2-5 years of previous management or lead experience.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Dexcom's AAP may be viewed upon request by contacting Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Dexcom Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision at this link.
UnitedHealthcare creates and publishes the Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Dexcom. To link to the Machine-Readable Files, please click on the URL provided: https://transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com/.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
This job has expired.