GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under the direction of the Senior Program Manager and Executive Director, the Project Manager for the Regional Disaster Health Response System will provide project management and operational support for key initiatives within the Region 1 Disaster Health Response System (RDHRS). This work includes supporting the development and completion of project initiatives set forth by RDHRS leadership. Responsibilities will include project management, support of RDHRS response operations and structures, training and exercise planning and facilitation, meeting management and facilitation, process and workflow definition, and data analysis and reporting.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Readiness & Response Operations
- Manages multiple aspects within the RDHRS program and assumes leadership responsibility for all assigned projects simultaneously, including:
- Setting goals for project activities,
- Creating/managing project plans,
- Anticipating potential project delays and implementing appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Escalating identified delays and/or challenges with specific projects as necessary to Program Manager and Executive Director to ensure steps towards remediation are taken.
- Attends all relevant RDHRS meetings; contributes ideas and monitors the planning process as required.
- Participates in drafting of required quarterly and annual reports.
- Performs other duties to support RDHRS as required.
- Manages RDHRS plans, protocols and procedures for response operations.
- Manages and guides development of systems, processes, and tools for the RDHRS Response Center to ensure operational readiness, including:
- Review and update program standard operating guidelines;
- Develop job aids, job action sheets, quick reference guides, and/or other documents as appropriate to assist RDHRS Response Center staff;
- Establish and maintain necessary logistics required to support RDHRS Response Center, including equipment, supplies and IT infrastructure;
- Create and maintain RDHRS Response Center roster;
- Serve as a Duty Officer for the RDHRS (after participating in required trainings);
- When RDHRS Response Center is activated, participate in response as assigned;
- Following each activation, return Response Center to a state of response readiness in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains RDHRS Training and Exercise Plan.
- Develop/implement training strategy to support response and recovery operations
- Designs, develops, conducts, and evaluates RDHRS required exercises
- Coordinates RDHRS involvement in regular trainings, drills, and exercises with regional stakeholders to promote improved coordination and regional healthcare preparedness.
- Writes after action reports and improvement plans following RDHRS exercises and/or response to real-world incidents.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Proven working experience in project management, in a complex, multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills, consensus building skills
- Familiarity with project management/task tracking software
- Maturity and operational problem solving/decision making experience
- Ability to lead and work with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience in emergency management required; knowledge of hospital and/or healthcare setting is preferred.
- Prior experience working in Emergency Operations Center (EOC) or other response environment strongly preferred.
- Experienced and working knowledge of the Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) preferred. Completion of ICS/NIMS 100, 200, 700 and 800 courses, before or upon hire.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
EDUCATION: Check boxes that best describe the minimum and preferred education requirements.Minimum Required:
Field of Study/Additional Specialized Training:
Equivalent Experience - please document if educational requirements can be met through equivalent experience:
EXPERIENCE: Indicate the required and preferred (optional)amount and type of experience.
Required: 3-5 years of relevant experience
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (authority to hire, promote, or terminate):
Collects, analyzes and presents data as required. Ensures prudent fiscal management of department resources (e.g. equipment, supplies, etc.).
Normal office conditions. May be required to travel to offsite facilities as needed. May occasionally be required to attend meetings outside of regularly scheduled hours and is available by pager/cell phone outside of normal business hours during assigned Duty Officer shifts. May be required to report to the hospital or offsite locations outside of normal business hours to respond to events that require emergency support. May be required to work extended shifts for multiple periods during emergency eventsEEO Statement
Massachusetts GeneralHospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives andideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans andindividuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
This job has expired.