About OnStar Insurance
OnStar Insurance was launched in 2020 and will soon be available in all US states. We are disrupting auto insurance by integrating insurance into the vehicle experience from shopping to price to claims. This disruption is backed by the bold GM vision of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion.
GM has the largest connected vehicle fleet worldwide with over 10M connected GM vehicles on the road in the US today. That number is projected to triple in the next 10 years. More than that, we currently have access to thousands of data points from and about the vehicle. This surge in information about vehicles and how they are driven will revolutionize auto insurance.
This is a truly unique opportunity to join at the foundational stage of a start-up leading the transformation of the auto insurance experience powered by the largest connected vehicle fleet in the world. If you share our vision of making auto insurance fairer and more transparent, and increasing customer value through personalized experiences, then OnStar Insurance is the place for you! At OnStar Insurance, your contributions will directly impact the customer and achieving our mission.
Our goal at OnStar Insurance is to transform the auto insurance industry. Building an amazing culture for our associates is key to our success. We are focused on creating a culture that motivates and enables our diverse and talented associates to perform their best.
As a data analytics professional at OnStar Insurance, your role is to drive business decisions from actionable insights. To accomplish these goals, you will frame data in terms of business questions, turn data into insights, and insights into actionable deliverables. You accomplish these goals by leveraging both strong business acumen and understanding of data. You are expected to be proficient in querying, investigating, transforming, analyzing, and visualizing a variety of types of data using a variety of analytical methods and tools. If you're passionate about technology, love to learn, enjoy collaborating cross-functionally, and are excited to work with marketing, operations, telematics, and claims data, this is a great opportunity to grow your skills and make a difference.
Prior analytics experience with personal lines insurance marketing, product, pricing/ratemaking, underwriting, claims, digital experience, and/or operations is a big plus. We also provide support for any candidates pursuing the Casualty Actuarial Society credential.
This is a remote position. The selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.
- Develop and direct high-performing data scientists, data analysts, and data engineers through effective coaching and team development to achieve project deliverables; ensure excellent team culture while delivering on organization objectives
- Advise business and technology teams on the data and analytics components of product roadmaps
- Lead the design, development, and deployment of algorithms or other quantitative solutions
- Partner with architects and engineers to deploy and monitor solutions
- Apply strong understanding of data science techniques and libraries to business problems; research and champion new tools and technologies to enable our success
- Communicate model and algorithm results to business
- Monitor and sustain model effectiveness
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in data science, engineering, mathematics, statistics/applied statistics, economics, computer science or related quantitative field
- 5+ years demonstrated experience designing, developing and implementing predictive and prescriptive solutions
- 2+ years leading data science teams and projects
- Proficient with multiple statistical modeling, machine learning, deep learning, or data mining techniques
- Experience with big data technologies
- Experience with vehicle or mobile telematics data is preferred
- Familiarity with personal lines insurance operations is preferred
- Proficient with R or Python
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner and to monitor processes throughout a team or department
- Strong decision-making skills
- Works effectively in a distributed team environment
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.